Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

screen discoloration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Anybody have this kind of issue with their center console? I have this yellow border around the screen. Should I be concerned?

Attachments

• IMG_2635.jpg
    IMG_2635.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 3,300
  • IMG_2636.jpg
    IMG_2636.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 2,962
  • IMG_2637.jpg
    IMG_2637.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 2,778
  • Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
My Dec '16 MS recently developed this. Can't say for sure when it showed up but it was fairly recent and wasn't there when the car was new.

Are you in a particularly hot climate? We've been roasting here in the Central Valley this year and I suspect it's some sort of heat-related adhesive discoloration. I generally keep cabin overheat protection off because it can burn through ~10% of my battery during a 9 hour work day.

My Dec '16 MS recently developed this. Can't say for sure when it showed up but it was fairly recent and wasn't there when the car was new.

Are you in a particularly hot climate? We've been roasting here in the Central Valley this year and I suspect it's some sort of heat-related adhesive discoloration. I generally keep cabin overheat protection off because it can burn through ~10% of my battery during a 9 hour work day.

I just put my car in today for servicing. They will replace the screen for me. I live in SoCal Los Angeles. The climate hasn't been TOO TOO hot, but it has gotten warm. I used to have the cabin overheat protection on, but like you said it does burn around 10% battery on a hot day. But even with it on...it still turned yellow.

Yes, I have this exact same issue. I have a 2017 Model S I took delivery of in February. Thanks so much for posting these. Still under warranty so I will get replaced and post info on the process or issues here.

Wow I wonder if they had a bad batch of LCDs or something. Mine is a 2017 Model S as well. Took delivery late Jan.

Yeah I emailed my local service center the pictures and they said they never seen it before and ordered the parts for me. Told me that it arrived within a week. I scheduled an appointment and had it replaced. Took them 1 day.

Had a ranger out yesterday for a different issue so I asked him to look at the screen. He said he had seen it once before, just replaced an LCD for the same issue recently. Wrote up a repair order to have it replaced no questions asked.

Wow I wonder if they had a bad batch of LCDs or something. Mine is a 2017 Model S as well. Took delivery late Jan.

Yeah I emailed my local service center the pictures and they said they never seen it before and ordered the parts for me. Told me that it arrived within a week. I scheduled an appointment and had it replaced. Took them 1 day.

I'm curious, what type of personal information/data is lost when the MCU is changed? Seat positions? Saved Destinations? Vehicle Settings? Homelink?

Reactions: MelaniainLA