Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Flickering and driver side cluster problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had what I thought was the MCU replaced in June for a huge bubble in the screen. The screen started flickering this week. I contacted Tesla as my Driver side cluster is also taking forever to turn on. I am told the MCU needs to be replaced and infotainment upgraded. When the screen was fixed wasn't the MCU replaced then? Need some advice. I feel like the car is beginning to fall apart. So much time is going into fixing all these little issues

Model S2012 85P 46K miles

I’m a little confused. Did you have the MCU (17” screen replaced) or the IC (the small one behind the steering wheel?
If it was the IC they ONLY replace that. If your MCU is going out it’s likely the eemc and Tesla is replacing that part now for $500 (just the eemc not the full MCU)

It’s been noted here that older version cars can’t opt in for the daughter board fix as the MCU is not compatible, they need full new unit.
Everyone’s getting conflicting information. From what I’ve been told is just requires the upgrade to LTE and a new jumper. My car 12/14 came with both of those things both standard. I read in a thread that it didn’t start until 12/15 but then I’m left wondering why my car had it at delivery? The LTE is only an extra $150 upgrade if you have 3g currently. It’s worth it to ask Tesla because $650 is cheaper than $1500 for new mcu1 or $2300 or mcu2

Hi All, this is old post relevant what issue i having in my 2021 Model S, dashboard cluster is flickering after changing Wheels setting in MCU, my screen shutdown and then when back after few min and i lost all internal sound and steering wheel cluster screen flickering and not align i open the appointment. but does any know this ?

check out the red block, keep flashing and bugging it.

Attachments

• MS2021.jpg
    MS2021.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 399