Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Flickering in New MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice that there are some posts on the site about Screens Flickering, but I have not seen any that directly indicate my problem.

I just took delivery of my new MY on March 2, 2021. From the first day of driving, I noticed that when I first start out in the morning or whenever I first drive the car that day, my screen flickers. It also happens if I stop at the grocery store or somewhere for awhile and then get back to driving, but with less frequency.

It doesn't have anything to do with brightness. It actually flickers around the screen showing the black background, and when it is bad it actually blacks out entirely for a few seconds and then comes back on. It was recommended that I reboot the screen with the scroll bars and I did twice, but it still happens. I also powered off the car as recommended in the Manual.

It is very strange to have the screen flickering around when driving. Any ideas or anyone else have this issue, please let me know. I am going to schedule Service in a few days if I hear nothing.

Thanks

I had the same problem with my Model Y delivery (few days before you): screen flickering at startup, touchscreen not working, could last a few minutes.
I dropped the car at a service center without an appointment, they took it immediately and loaned me a Model S. They had to order a complete harness cable and touchscreen for replacement. All in all, it took about a week. I haven't seen the problem reappear since I've picked it up couple of days ago. I encourage you to take it to the SC.

Upvote 0
I notice that there are some posts on the site about Screens Flickering, but I have not seen any that directly indicate my problem.

I just took delivery of my new MY on March 2, 2021. From the first day of driving, I noticed that when I first start out in the morning or whenever I first drive the car that day, my screen flickers. It also happens if I stop at the grocery store or somewhere for awhile and then get back to driving, but with less frequency.

It doesn't have anything to do with brightness. It actually flickers around the screen showing the black background, and when it is bad it actually blacks out entirely for a few seconds and then comes back on. It was recommended that I reboot the screen with the scroll bars and I did twice, but it still happens. I also powered off the car as recommended in the Manual.

It is very strange to have the screen flickering around when driving. Any ideas or anyone else have this issue, please let me know. I am going to schedule Service in a few days if I hear nothing.

Thanks

Mine had the same issue. This is a known thing to Tesla now so just schedule an appt and show them a video of it as proof. They most likely will just have to replace the screen cable. It’s a $23 party and an easy fix.

CABLE, IP, CENTER DISPLAY
Part #: 1091280-00-D

Upvote 0