Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen freeze-ups on my 2023 LR Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had 3 screen freeze ups on my 2023 LR Model Y. The car drives fine but nothing works on the screen. I stop the car, hold down both wheels on the steering wheel until the Tesla logo comes up and I’m good to go.

Has anyone else had any screen freeze ups?

I have had 3 screen freeze ups on my 2023 LR Model Y. The car drives fine but nothing works on the screen. I stop the car, hold down both wheels on the steering wheel until the Tesla logo comes up and I’m good to go.

It's a bit weird to experience, but you don't need to stop to reboot, though best not to do it if you need to know the speed, because that doesn't show until the screen comes back on line.

I read about this sometimes when there is a USB drive that is corrupt plugged into the car. Try re formatting the USB drive in the car, or, alternatively, taking it out and plugging it into a computer to see if it still works.

My 2023 did it on the drive home from picking it up on delivery day. Did it 5 or more times the first week then stopped. I brought my car in for Homelink install week three and it froze multiple times on the drive home. That was on Monday this week and I scheduled a service appointment the same day for this Friday. Hasn’t done it since I scheduled the service appointment.

12/20 produced MYLR. Screen froze the first week of ownership while trying to access the Owner's Manual. Duplicate occurrence a week later, maybe twice the following 2 months. Possibly 5 occurrences (unrelated to owner's manual search) in 42k miles.