Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen freezing after 2022.20.6 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had issue with their screen freezing for about 30 seconds after the update? Mine will freeze randomly, work for a while then freeze up again. It’s annoying because I have the pin setup to drive and I have to wait hoping it unfreezes. I did do a reboot of the screen and it still randomly freezes.

What I am seeing is that only the right side of the screen freezes i.e the side with navigation and music etc. The lane/traffic visualization and speed side of the screen works fine. And it is quite intermittent. So would randomly freeze and then come back 30 second later.

I have a 2022 MYP with 1355 miles. Just brought in for the screen issue as mine is quite bad. Entire screen freezes, reboots after about 4-5m and is only responsive for about 30 seconds after the reboot. Tesla left me in the dust and said there is no way to revert updates and I’ll have to stand by but it’s a known issue and to install the next update to fix it. DUDE THIS IS WHAT GOT ME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! He was a cool dude so I left it at that.

Big thing for me, as I have no idea if regen breaking is enabled or not when I let off the accelerator. And yeah no speedometer

Link to my cars behavior picking it up before business hours.
Unfortunately already dropped the loaner key off in the drop box.

I'm having the frozen screen issue, It happened today, the day after the software update. The left side of the screen and navigation audio is fine. The freeze occurred 3 times while using navigation and then asking via the voice control to find another destination. I believe this is easily repeatable.

I was fine with 2022.20.6 but after getting 2022.20.8 I'm noticing a lot of bugs in it. I've been having to do a 2-button reset almost daily for the past 12 days now.

Specifically my Homelink only shows up on the screen half the time now. Because of that, I've been carrying around a spare garage door opener in my car so I can either open or close my garage when I'm leaving or coming home. Also, the seat heater icons at the bottom of the screen come & go whenever I turn on the car. Even though I'm not using them in the summer, it's still irritating to see just 1 seat on there. When you try to go into the icons menu to re-add it, the missing seat is gone from the list until I restart or reset the car.

My 4 day old y has the freeze up constantly. There is about a 10-15 sec lock up before it works again. Volume up on the wheel shows the change on the screen when it is unresponsive to touch still.

It's a really great selling point to people who have never seen a Tesla before.