TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Screen freezing

Discussion in 'Model S' started by aollivierre, Sep 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

In the last couple of days, my model s has experienced that wonderful freezing screen issue that requires what I can best describe as “soft reboot” sequence of holding the two top button on the steering wheel to clean things up.

Why does this happen?

2. idealsol

idealsol Member

Do you have a USB drive attached?
    That was the source of my reboot issues
    Sometimes a reformat and reload of that drive helps

3. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

no idea. I am a newbie. How would I know?

4. idealsol

idealsol Member

Have you added a USB drive to your middle console?
    You have 2 USB ports there, perhaps ports in the rear also
    if you added a drive, you would know it
    Check any USB ports for anything attached
    If nothing attached, not a USB problem, and time to check with service center

5. William_B

William_B New Member

I had this issue about a month ago. Did the soft reboot and everything was fine until the next morning. Got in the car and had a message that the 12V battery needed service and to car service to have it replaced. Service Tech came to the house and replaced it and did a software update. Had not had any issues with it since.