Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen glare

Apr 7, 2021
Inland Empire, California
So I am looking for something to prevent the glare on the lcd, NOT a screen protector. More like a hood that would extend like 2 inches and block the top from getting glare....3d print would easily do it, hoping someone has done else I might have to make one somewhere.

Jun 26, 2020
Maine
Hmm, sounds challenging. A 3D printed one will be tough to find I bet, because to do it in one piece a printer would have to have a printable bed area of at least the width of the monitor, which translates to an expensive printer and probably not owned by many 3D enthusiasts. You could print it in multiple parts on a smaller machine, but then you'll have some noticeable interfaces after assembly.

You might look for a professional monitor hood as often used in video production, but those tend to be fairly deep, certainly more than 2". And any more extension than that will likely interfere with finger access to touch controls around the perimeter of the screen, assuming you're also talking about shading the sides.

Apr 7, 2021
Picked up this one on amazon.

srlawren

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
Okay is it just me, or do both of the eBay and Amazon options linked so far appear to do absolutely nothing? Looking at the images on both pages, they show the screen with the hood attached and plenty of glare on the screen. It could just be bad photoshop mockups or something, but if so, why would they start with images of the screen full of glare?

Apr 7, 2021
Got mine today. Have to return. Doesn't quite fit, a bit too small. I tried installing multiple ways. Going to try different vendor on amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_20210501_170513.jpg
    IMG_20210501_170513.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210501_170444.jpg
    IMG_20210501_170444.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Informative
Reactions: srlawren

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC