Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen glare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, sounds challenging. A 3D printed one will be tough to find I bet, because to do it in one piece a printer would have to have a printable bed area of at least the width of the monitor, which translates to an expensive printer and probably not owned by many 3D enthusiasts. You could print it in multiple parts on a smaller machine, but then you'll have some noticeable interfaces after assembly.

You might look for a professional monitor hood as often used in video production, but those tend to be fairly deep, certainly more than 2". And any more extension than that will likely interfere with finger access to touch controls around the perimeter of the screen, assuming you're also talking about shading the sides.

Picked up this one on amazon.

Okay is it just me, or do both of the eBay and Amazon options linked so far appear to do absolutely nothing? Looking at the images on both pages, they show the screen with the hood attached and plenty of glare on the screen. It could just be bad photoshop mockups or something, but if so, why would they start with images of the screen full of glare?

Got mine today. Have to return. Doesn't quite fit, a bit too small. I tried installing multiple ways. Going to try different vendor on amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_20210501_170513.jpg
    IMG_20210501_170513.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20210501_170444.jpg
    IMG_20210501_170444.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
For what it's worth, I got the Tesmanian version to fit my Model 3. It didn't at first (appeared to be just a few millimeters off), but I filed a bit of excess plastic off of the lower back corners with a round file. Fits like a glove now!

(Yes, I completely agree that such a move shouldn't be necessary, but the lack of fit seems to be a common occurance with this item :) )