TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Screen image delayed like 1s

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by ZiPRA, Dec 28, 2019.

1. ZiPRA

ZiPRA Member

Hello,

is it just me or is the representation of the car, lanes and other cars a bit delayed ?

Usually its easier to spot when you have cars on other lanes and you are moving past another car. When their rear is aligned with my front bumper, in the screen the other car is still a bit more in front.

This has always been like this … is there something wrong ?

2. turns2stone

turns2stone Member

There are probably 1 trillion calculations going on, in order to process and render those objects in (near) real-time. A one second delay is still state of the art, for consumer-grade functionality.

3. ZiPRA

ZiPRA Member

I get the amount of data and processing it takes but still seamed strange that delay. I suppose for decision making the car is getting the data on time and not delayed ?

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Also, don't assume that the car is acting on the imaging that you see. The display is the lowest priority when it comes to driving.

• Informative x 1
  5. postersw

postersw Member

Over the 6 months that I've had my M3 the display has gotten much better (if you can believe that) but you are correct - there is still a lag between reality and the display. Not very confidence inspiring.

6. ZiPRA

ZiPRA Member

Yes. Not sure it’s related or not but the alert you would get when you have a car in the adjacent lane is just not happening. You have the car marked in red when you turn the blinker on but no sound. Since I do not look at the screen when changing lanes (if you change to the left the screen will be on the other side) I really miss some kind of warning like other cars have.