TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Screen needing reset twice in 2 days

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Rajainmiami, Oct 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rajainmiami

Rajainmiami Member

Good Morning. This happened to me twice now this week. I get in the car and press the brake, only the screen in front wakes up and the car is drivable, but the main screen remains black. No AC, no music. I had to reset by pressing the brakes and the two scrolling wheels for a while to turn it on. Why is this happening often?

2. kalikikopa

kalikikopa Member

Have you updated your car? The last update(prior to v9) had a bug for me that made the touchscreen unreaponsive. I had to reset it multiple times a day. It worked fine for a few days and now I have to reset a few times every drive. It's irritation because it turns off the climate control. Even if it is only for 10 seconds, it's a bummer in a 15 minute drive needing to reset 3 times to get it to work