Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen not responsive when trying to open falcon doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of a couple days ago, I have to repeatedly press on the screen to open the doors on my 2020 X. After about 10-20 presses it will eventually open. I’ve tried rebooting the car, but same issue. Anyone else had this issue?

Other issues: Homelink sends multiple signals to my garage door making it unusable. Worked fine for the first year of ownership.

Park assist unavailable message every 5m.
Occasionally the stereo and HVAC will stay on after I leave the car, even when I lock the car with fob.

Firmware version?

Quasi Rebooting levels that seem to reset/restart different subsystems in the car.
- two fingers
- power off
- change wheel config; it'll reboot; change wheel config back
- disconnect 12v battery for at least 2 minutes

I have all these same exact issues! My car has been at service for almost a month

As of a couple days ago, I have to repeatedly press on the screen to open the doors on my 2020 X. After about 10-20 presses it will eventually open. I’ve tried rebooting the car, but same issue. Anyone else had this issue?

Other issues: Homelink sends multiple signals to my garage door making it unusable. Worked fine for the first year of ownership.

Occasionally the stereo and HVAC will stay on after I leave the car, even when I lock the car with fob.
Same issues with me. Park assist, home link, and having to press multiple times on screen to open falcon doors. Yesterday after some shopping, it wouldn't recognize me pressing on the brake. Had to do the hard reset with changing the wheel config after calling roadside assistance. Besides the park assist, this happened after the most recent software update. My build is 12-2020. Other issues - wipers suck even after rain-x, and brakes creak and groan especially when releasing from a stop on a hill, and while turning steering wheel stopped on a hill. Painful for such an expensive car.

Same issues with me. Park assist, home link, and having to press multiple times on screen to open falcon doors. Yesterday after some shopping, it wouldn't recognize me pressing on the brake. Had to do the hard reset with changing the wheel config after calling roadside assistance. Besides the park assist, this happened after the most recent software update. My build is 12-2020. Other issues - wipers suck even after rain-x, and brakes creak and groan especially when releasing from a stop on a hill, and while turning steering wheel stopped on a hill. Painful for such an expensive car.
RE: Had to do the hard reset with changing the wheel config after calling roadside assistance.
Did roadside assist recommend changing wheel config? Can you expand on that interaction/explanation?

EVs that use regen mainly for braking have build up issue? They *still* need annual (or every 1-2 yr) clean and lube service. There are pins and 'rails' for components to slide on and they get corroded (road dirt, rain, humidity, snow in mountains/etc), etc.

Thx. I knew that already.
'harder reset' is unclear. Did roadside assist recommend changing wheel config? Can you expand on that interaction/explanation? How did they explain it.
This is exactly what they told me to do and it worked:

You change the wheel config to anything different, the car reboots, then you set it back to the original setting. It reboots again. It’s a ‘harder reset’ than the steering wheel buttons. it fixed my immediate problem then they told me to bring it in.

Reactions: scottf200
Yes it was supposed to be. I just got 24.5 last night and tried to install, and failed... so waiting again
Follow up to this…. After failing to install, the vehicle completely bricked on me while running errands today. Tried scroll resets.. wheel config reset.. nothing. Beyond frustrating to have $100k vehicle unable to drive. Roadside unable to help, as the vehicle lost LTE connection. I finally had to pull first responder loop and the negative 12v to get it to reset. An hour in the parking lot in the hot sun.. awesome.

Reactions: X007X

Had the same issue right after the 2021.24.3 update.
Eventually lost driver display and parked at a Home Depot and it would not respond any more.

eventually had it towed.
Service center reinstalled the firmware deleting everything.
My thought is the heat from the sun damages and wear out the control board and chips and would eventually require a model replacement.

on the ac staying on…..the ac actually cools the battery liquid coolant too and so if the battery temperature needs to be regulated to an ideal temperature it keeps running especially in the hot summer days.

for the homelink try reducing the distance to trigger. The signals die in between initiation and recover triggering.

2020 Model X LR+ and running into all of the above issues. The most infuriating is the Park Assist Unavailable triple beep that happens every few minutes.

Just. Awful. Fix this, Tesla. At the very least issue an update that silences the infuriating 3 beeps.

Reactions: impastu
2020 Model X LR+ and running into all of the above issues. The most infuriating is the Park Assist Unavailable triple beep that happens every few minutes.

Just. Awful. Fix this, Tesla. At the very least issue an update that silences the infuriating 3 beeps.
Just got 24.5 to finally install again last night.. so far no more park assist errors. MCU seems a bit more responsive, but still not anywhere near acceptable.

Reactions: impastu