Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen not responsive when trying to open falcon doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good possibility its Raven only. I had mobile service out a couple of weeks ago, and he stated that they've seen all of these issues on the newer MX, and that he thought it happened about 1 in 10 vehicles. As far as getting 24.5 to re-push, I scheduled service and through chat they re-pushed it. It failed again after that push but a couple days later it finally prompted me to install again and it worked.

Update on my previous post... all issues are still present with 24.5 too. For a couple days it seemed everything was working great, now same MCU issues, door buttons take several times to get to open, homelink is unusable, suspension height randomly changes at stoplights/drive thru, and park assist unavailable constantly goes off. I've got a SC appointment this week, hoping to resolve.

Reactions: impastu
All the mentioned issues slowly returned by the time i got to 32.10 :( as a reminder I've got sd card replaced around a month ago, so it's not a remedy. It does look to me as the issue is related to the high cpu usage on the MCU. Gor example garage door is much likely to close, if i am in Park mode, not reverse. Also doors will open from the first touch if i wait ~few seconds after switching to Park. Would be good if someone can confirm this.

All the mentioned issues slowly returned by the time i got to 32.10 :( as a reminder I've got sd card replaced around a month ago, so it's not a remedy. It does look to me as the issue is related to the high cpu usage on the MCU. Gor example garage door is much likely to close, if i am in Park mode, not reverse. Also doors will open from the first touch if i wait ~few seconds after switching to Park. Would be good if someone can confirm this.
Well thats wonderful to hear... I just got mine back from SC and they had diagnosed it as MCU failure with the gateway module. Got it home yesterday, and things were running well, but then today started slowing down again.

Was hoping that 32.1 was going to solve this.... so frustrating.

Follow up to this…. After failing to install, the vehicle completely bricked on me while running errands today. Tried scroll resets.. wheel config reset.. nothing. Beyond frustrating to have $100k vehicle unable to drive. Roadside unable to help, as the vehicle lost LTE connection. I finally had to pull first responder loop and the negative 12v to get it to reset. An hour in the parking lot in the hot sun.. awesome.
This just happened to me now. Waiting for a tow truck to take the car to the service center.

This just happened to me now. Waiting for a tow truck to take the car to the service center.
Sorry to hear that. Tesla really needs to figure this out and make it right. When mine bricked, I ended up pulling the first responder loop, and disconnected the 12v battery. Once the entire system was offline, when I plugged it all back in, the vehicle woke up and was able to actually drive home.

Sorry to hear that. Tesla really needs to figure this out and make it right. When mine bricked, I ended up pulling the first responder loop, and disconnected the 12v battery. Once the entire system was offline, when I plugged it all back in, the vehicle woke up and was able to actually drive home.
So the tow truck came to my house and didn’t have skates to get the car on the bed. Ended up agreeing to have the tow company come back in the morning to get the car. Went to the car this morning and the screens were on and able to drive the car to the service center. Screens are working but certain button on the screen won’t work at all/ take several times of hitting the button to get a response. Also still getting the Park Assist unavailable message.

In additional to all this, the car also needs a new control arm as it’s starting to squeak. New belt seals for both front doors as the adhesive is basically all gone and they’re just dangling. I been told both these issues are very common in the X. Surprised the belt seals adhesive already wore away as the car is just under a year old.

This car is the definition of a love hate relationship lol.

I couldnt agree more. I'm all for the 'continual improvement' but when these software updates break the core functionality of the vehicle, that is beyond the point of acceptable for me. Especially with items like door opening/garage/alerts etc. Those tend to be fairly important, its not like Disney+ stopped working and Im sad about that...

• Funny
Reactions: impastu and X007X
This screenshot speaks for itself, completely broken software development, new versions every 2-3 days?

Attachments

• 94E8D411-B51B-4DC8-A743-9A469CC7D491.jpeg
    94E8D411-B51B-4DC8-A743-9A469CC7D491.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 74
Beyond frustrated right now 😞

Just got my car back and they ended up replacing the MCU and screen. Apparently the software of the car got corrupted and the car kept thinking it was a model S. They said they replaced the SD card first and that didn’t work and this was their only other option.

Now I have a huge problem.

The car is showing 50k more miles on the odometer than I took it in with!! Tried to to call the service center as I was driving home but they are closed until Monday. Called technical support but they can’t do anything and all they can do is put a note in the system. Hopefully this is an easy fix.

on top of that, it looks like they scratched the metal trim around the screen and forgot to put a cover back on on the front bumper. Only reason I noticed the issue with the front bumper was that I saw a red ribbon sticking out.

Has the mileage thing ever happened to anyone?

Beyond frustrated right now 😞

Just got my car back and they ended up replacing the MCU and screen. Apparently the software of the car got corrupted and the car kept thinking it was a model S. They said they replaced the SD card first and that didn’t work and this was their only other option.

Now I have a huge problem.

The car is showing 50k more miles on the odometer than I took it in with!! Tried to to call the service center as I was driving home but they are closed until Monday. Called technical support but they can’t do anything and all they can do is put a note in the system. Hopefully this is an easy fix.

on top of that, it looks like they scratched the metal trim around the screen and forgot to put a cover back on on the front bumper. Only reason I noticed the issue with the front bumper was that I saw a red ribbon sticking out.

Has the mileage thing ever happened to anyone?
Woah - that’s terrible. I wonder if you got a refurb MCU of a Model S.

On the plus side some folks have gotten 2020.32.21 in the last day or so and so far things are looking better w.r.t. the bug originally talked about in this thread. Fingers crossed.

I couldnt agree more. I'm all for the 'continual improvement' but when these software updates break the core functionality of the vehicle, that is beyond the point of acceptable for me. Especially with items like door opening/garage/alerts etc. Those tend to be fairly important, its not like Disney+ stopped working and Im sad about that...
Our pre-refresh 2021 X LR on 2021.24.5 os had failed software updates last three weeks. Had the park assist unavailable recurring (a running joke with my wife at this point) and lazy screen response others mention. Mobile service was here on another topic a few days ago and said this was most current (!?) despite software update attempts. After another fail yesterday morning I tried a hard reset …. Then the car was bricked. Screen froze with rendering of car with door open and 282 miles of range. A/C wouldn’t shut off. Roadside service call center couldn’t get system to respond so tow truck called. Now I’m worried it’s sitting in SC parking lot with A/C running the battery to zero. Wife wants her Volvo back. Ugh.
9D1FDE4C-8456-443A-B120-840A0025338E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: X007X
Our pre-refresh 2021 X LR on 2021.24.5 os had failed software updates last three weeks. Had the park assist unavailable recurring (a running joke with my wife at this point) and lazy screen response others mention. Mobile service was here on another topic a few days ago and said this was most current (!?) despite software update attempts. After another fail yesterday morning I tried a hard reset …. Then the car was bricked. Screen froze with rendering of car with door open and 282 miles of range. A/C wouldn’t shut off. Roadside service call center couldn’t get system to respond so tow truck called. Now I’m worried it’s sitting in SC parking lot with A/C running the battery to zero. Wife wants her Volvo back. Ugh.View attachment 714474
Yep.... Thats exactly what happened with mine too. I just got 32.21 over the weekend, installed it and the sluggish MCU seems a bit better.. but then the vehicle went to 'Turtle Mode', and now wont go over 65. SC is stating that the oil pump on the drive motor is causing the issue.. that came on immediately after the update installed. Smh. I'm in the same boat, wife doesnt even want the vehicle anymore.

• Informative
Reactions: X007X and impastu