Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Protecter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you guys know what’s a good screen protecter to get (in Amazon) for the Tesla Model 3 Center screen? I found a few but I want to get one (Glossy) that will last me for at least a good 2 years. If you have had a screen protecter for that long ore even longer can you please tell me what company it’s from (Link preferred though). Thank you!

I've had my M3 since September 2020. It came with piece of thin, clear plastic on the touch screen. I've left it on. So far so good.
It wipes clean very easily, has no bubbles under the surface and the touch screen works just fine with it on. So, until it wears out I see no reason to spend money on another type of screen protector.

If your concern is mainly around fingerprints, I would recommend invest in a matte screen protector. My experience with the matte tempered glass from Topfit has been great so far. Reduced glares and fingerprints and gave it a buttery smooth surface feel when I touch it.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Yeah but sometimes we like to watch movies or play games and I don’t want the quality and brightness of the screen to be reduced, The car has an amazing surround sound system. I don’t mind that much about fingerprints I can just bring a microfibre cloth with me, and there is a lot of space in Center console. I just want to protect my screen without sacrificing more important stuff like quality and brightness. I’ve also seen that Auto is not so good with the Matte screen protector because it makes the screen darker and it would be annoying to manually adjust the screen, just to reduce fingerprint. That’s why I want a glossy because it’s also very similar to the regular screen of the Tesla.

Sounds good, although I just prefer the glossy finish.
Imshur, where did you get your screen protector from. It sounds good, and it’s glass which is nice. Does it give the screen any delay? Or does it not feel good when you tap the screen? Just wondering because I want to get the best one I can find, also Amazon would be easier for me to get one. Thank you all.

That looks pretty good and is in amazon. It says that it does a better job at preventing reflections, so is it matte or glossy? And if it is, does it make the screen lower resolution or brightness, and is there any bubbles? This screen protector looks perfect, just want to know if there’s anything wrong with it.
Since it’s glossy, I don’t think it prevent reflection, which I’m fine with. I don’t want matte finish since it will reduce clarity of the screen. It’s very easy to put on and there is no bubble. I’m very happy with it.

Since it’s glossy, I don’t think it prevent reflection, which I’m fine with. I don’t want matte finish since it will reduce clarity of the screen. It’s very easy to put on and there is no bubble. I’m very happy with it.
Yeah me too, I don’t think it’s a good idea to get a matte screen protector if you use the car for things other than driving like gaming or watching. The screen protector looks really good and I think I’m gonna get it.
Also what is this rainbow effect that people are talking about?

I've had my M3 since September 2020. It came with piece of thin, clear plastic on the touch screen. I've left it on. So far so good.
It wipes clean very easily, has no bubbles under the surface and the touch screen works just fine with it on. So, until it wears out I see no reason to spend money on another type of screen protector.
Wait did the car come with one? Is this still a thing for 2021 Models?

Yes, the car came with the thin, plastic screen protector on it. It has a tab in the upper right hand corner to pull if you want to remove it. It's very similar to the thin plastic that covered my iPhone's screen when I first bought it. Maybe most dealers remove it before delivery, but they didn't on mine and as long as it con tines to hold up, I see no reason to buy an after market screen protector

Yeah me too, I don’t think it’s a good idea to get a matte screen protector if you use the car for things other than driving like gaming or watching. The screen protector looks really good and I think I’m gonna get it.
Also what is this rainbow effect that people are talking about?
The screen protector will create a rainbow effect if the glass doesn’t adhere fully to the screen. I didn’t have any problems with this screen protector.

Another type of screen protector to think about...

I've seen quite a few pictures of shattered screen glass caused by impacts to the side of the display. In some cases, the forces used to cause the glass to shatter were surprisingly small; one user reported his screen shattered when he inadvertently hit the bottom edge of the display with his cell phone when he was retrieving it from the center console phone area.

I bought a rubber bumper type protector that surrounds the edges of the display. I can't remember where I bought it from, but it doesn't look too bad, and it has a very nice, reassuringly squishy feel to it. I think it was twenty bucks, which is pretty cheap insurance for a twelve hundred dollar display.

Reactions: T3car
Another type of screen protector to think about...

I've seen quite a few pictures of shattered screen glass caused by impacts to the side of the display. In some cases, the forces used to cause the glass to shatter were surprisingly small; one user reported his screen shattered when he inadvertently hit the bottom edge of the display with his cell phone when he was retrieving it from the center console phone area.

I bought a rubber bumper type protector that surrounds the edges of the display. I can't remember where I bought it from, but it doesn't look too bad, and it has a very nice, reassuringly squishy feel to it. I think it was twenty bucks, which is pretty cheap insurance for a twelve hundred dollar display.
Sounds like it’s important, and the screen is expensive, 12,000! That’s more expensive than getting like 10 new iPads! The screen must be very high quality (don’t want that breaking🥶). I think I might get one rubber bumper for the edges, sounds very necessary!