Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Protection

MrBadger

Badger out
Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
Abstract Ocean matt cover. It would have been relatively easy to fit had a small spec of dust landed right in middle of screen as it was being applied - lesson from this, don't use the supplied white cloth to do final screen clean. So carefully removed, recleaned now and working very nicely giving only a diffuse glow rather than highlight glare. I much prefer the subtle finger splodges on the matt screen than clear finger marks on the gloss screen.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ZEROWASTE

akenham

M3 LR AWD+ 2020
Sep 19, 2020
East Anglia, UK
I used the spigen protector since I like them for my phones - it's pretty easy to get a flawless fit as it comes with an aligner frame but the extra plastic for that pains me.

I got this one:

Spigen, 1 Pack, Screen Protector for Tesla Model 3 / Tesla Model Y, Glas.tR EZ Fit
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084BNC3FG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Notes / Review
  1. It's a matt protector so whilst it does reduce reflection there is a tiny reduction in sharpness if you're pixel peeping - I am picky and it doesn't bother me, YMMV.
  2. It works with polarized sunglasses \o/
  3. The aligner means I've never had a failed install
Fitting: it's wise to do it after you've cleaned/hoovered the inside of your car and have bare (washed!) hands and arms to reduce the risk of you adding a bit of dust after you've cleaned the screen ready to fit the protector. Always have a good look at an oblique angle for any lurking dust in the reflections on the screen - should be obvious with clean screen in cleaning mode. Spigen provide dust removal stickers to spot remove such offenders without re-adding smudges.

I installed this on day I collected the car - no problems with the screen and it’s easier to install than an iPad protector :) also works with polarised sun glasses which some don’t so be careful if you use them :)

Comes with cleaning wipes etc to clean the screen properly first - but pretty much all do :) same as installing on any device as long as it’s clean and no dust floating around it goes on perfectly.

It was on Amazon prime when I bought it but seems to not be now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07VPVL24Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
I went with the gloss Abstract Ocean one. I have a spare too which I keep meaning to sell but I can't be bothered to post it. If any owners are in the Bath/Bristol area they can have it.

It wasn't until after I installed it that I thought I can't imagine any scenario where I'd actually strike the screen with something, but it seems appropriate to protect it nevertheless.

1. I've never managed to get a phone screen protector on without bubbles
2. I plan not to drop my car so it lands on the screen

I kept wondering why the screen would need one as well until I saw a video where someone had a broken one from accidentally striking the screen with their watch while doing something.

Then I thought well how much is a screen replacement and decided I didn't want to know.

I kept wondering why the screen would need one as well until I saw a video where someone had a broken one from accidentally striking the screen with their watch while doing something.

Then I thought well how much is a screen replacement and decided I didn't want to know.

If you shuttle around babies and kids anything can happen. Second, the matte one is great at eliminating any glare and also fantastic for preventing fingerprints.

GRiLLA

Jul 5, 2020
UK

Sure, in the world people manage to do unlikely things and talk about them on YouTube every day.

I once read an article saying that the difference between Gen X and Y was that younger people don;t wear watches, so I stopped that day. Avoiding all risks

If you shuttle around babies and kids anything can happen. Second, the matte one is great at eliminating any glare and also fantastic for preventing fingerprints.

Exactly!!! I've got 2 very active kids in the back and as much as I try to get them to behave, they are kids. I'd much rather protect as much as I can and keep my blood pressure down.

My cars before kids were always pristine. Now I'm cleaning the interior more times than I have time.

Sure, in the world people manage to do unlikely things and talk about them on YouTube every day.

I once read an article saying that the difference between Gen X and Y was that younger people don;t wear watches, so I stopped that day. Avoiding all risks

Lol. To each his own.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC