TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Screen protector & finger

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by RNG, Apr 4, 2013.

1. RNG

RNG Member

Just as I have a clear protector on my smart phone, I would like to have a screen protector for the Tesla's giant screen. Has anyone found a high quality screen protector? I also find the screen just out of finger reach, has anyone used a touch screen stylus? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, RNG

2. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Car Care: Center screen protector

http://www.nushield.com/order_now.php?__utma=1.808431059.1355070185.1355070185.1355072054.2&__utmb=1&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1355070185.1.1.utmgclid%3DCP7A9efdjbQCFQ-e4AodLRIAnA|utmccn%3D%28not%2Bset%29|utmcmd%3D%28not%2Bset%29|utmctr%3Dbulk%2520touch%2520screen%2520protector&__utmv=-&__utmk=228011038

I have the nushield but haven't put it on yet. Doesn't really seem necessary but I may use it yet.

3. Rodolfo Paiz

Rodolfo Paiz 55 Fidelius Family Office

I love the touch functionality on the Tesla main screen. Light touch only, works perfectly. Any screen protector will IMHO reduce that level of comfort, and I don't see my main screen as being too at-risk for damage. I won't drop it or put it in my pocket with other stuff. So I'm going to skip the protector.

I know this doesn't specifically address your question, but I just wanted to offer up a different perspective. My phone and my car's main screen have entirely different risk profiles.

4. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I have a stylus (actually 2)in my car. I never use it. It does work though. They were like a dozen for $6 on amazon, with free Prime shipping.

5. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I installed the Nushield protector, it was exceptionally easy, and does not seem to reduce the sensitivity of the screen at all.

6. joer00

joer00 Member

Does it reduce the fatty finger marks? I really do not need a protector for damage, but the finger marks are annoying.

7. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I think it does, I honestly hardly ever see any finger marks from the driving position. They are still a little more obvious from the passenger side, but I think it's an improvement.

8. bbmertz

bbmertz Model S: P4909

As I mentioned in the other thread listed above, I have been very happy with the NuShield screen protector however IMHO it does not significantly reduce glare nor fingerprint visibility.