Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Protector for Model S (Plaid + LR) Refresh 2021.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My nephew decided to use his shoes to play wildly with the rear vent controls. šŸ¤¬

Will definitely get a screen protector, but first, Iā€™m going to try to buff it out using multi-stage acrylic polish. Is the rear display surface glass or plastic?

48F807E9-5D67-4967-9702-EBD4CC13A565.jpeg

My nephew decided to use his shoes to play wildly with the rear vent controls. šŸ¤¬

Will definitely get a screen protector, but first, Iā€™m going to try to buff it out using multi-stage acrylic polish. Is the rear display surface glass or plastic?

View attachment 739493
Glass. You need(ed) this:

OK, I got super lucky. The stock screen protector was still on it--I hadn't spent enough time in the back seat to notice that it had come with one. I pulled it off and installed one of your screen protectors. One small piece of dust made it into the install, but it's at least protected now.

Attachments

• SNAG-0001.png
    SNAG-0001.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 93

Do you personally prefer the matte or glossy?

Do you personally prefer the matte or glossy?
I personally prefer Matte mostly for the fingerprints resistance... I have 2 kids that touch everything in their way šŸ˜‚ With the matte, I just wipe it whenever I clean the car. With the clear screen protector it's a lot more often even though it has some coating against fingerprints too... so clear is better than none (in terms of fingerprints resistance) but matte is way better than clear. In terms of actual protection they are the same.

Reactions: jm404
I personally prefer Matte mostly for the fingerprints resistance... I have 2 kids that touch everything in their way šŸ˜‚ With the matte, I just wipe it whenever I clean the car. With the clear screen protector it's a lot more often even though it has some coating against fingerprints too... so clear is better than none (in terms of fingerprints resistance) but matte is way better than clear. In terms of actual protection they are the same.
Does Clear affect the visibility or anything else with the screen?

Cool! Ordered

Reactions: iyordanov
Does the matte affect the clarity of the screen?
Not really... everything is as crisp as before, just matte coating as opposed to glossy. Attaching some photos I just made, I have the Matte front (TPU material) installed.

Attachments

• IMG_0953.jpeg
    IMG_0953.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0954.jpeg
    IMG_0954.jpeg
    475.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0955.jpeg
    IMG_0955.jpeg
    749.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0956.jpeg
    IMG_0956.jpeg
    399.2 KB · Views: 88
Super interested! Stockpiling stuff as I (hopefully) get closer to my car! What's the difference between these two? They both says 2021+

Reactions: iyordanov
Super interested! Stockpiling stuff as I (hopefully) get closer to my car! What's the difference between these two? They both says 2021+

Hi

Apologize for the late response, just saw this. The ones that say Premium are made of PET and are hard screen protectors. Downside - the last 2mm donā€™t stick because the new model s screen curves at the edges. The other ones are like screen PPF (the material is called TPU) and they stick but are soft ones and a bit harder to install.
I am working with a factory to make tempered glass ones with black border so the non-stick part doesnā€™t show but itā€™s taking longer than expected so I should probably have these by march or so.