Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen protector question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Abstract Ocean (AO) matte screen protector. It cuts down on the reflections and hides fingerprints while protecting the screen. The screen brightness is slightly reduced but not to the point that it is an issue. The AO screen protector is compatible with polarized sunglasses.

The clarity of the screen with the AO protector is fine but it drives me to distraction trying to count the number of tiny dots on the power meter band indicating how much regen I have lost due to a cold battery. Is it 4 dots, 5 dots or 6 dots? The dots are too small for me to see well while driving. This is really a Tesla issue as they have made the status screen icons smaller to maximize the screen area for the driving simulation.

Last edited:
I went to the AO site and was ready to click on a two-pack of matte protectors for $22, when I noticed a button that said "click here for tempered glass protectors." These are $37 each. This left me scratching my chin......which one do I buy?