Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen protector that won't rainbow with polarized sunglasses?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know a good screen protector that won't have huge rainbows when you put on polarized sunglasses. I feel like if designed right you can minimize them if you cut them at the right angle.. I have the Abstract Ocean one right now and while normally its good, it has huge rainbows :( Just curious if anyone has found one that won't be as bad?

Anyone know a good screen protector that won't have huge rainbows when you put on polarized sunglasses. I feel like if designed right you can minimize them if you cut them at the right angle.. I have the Abstract Ocean one right now and while normally its good, it has huge rainbows :( Just curious if anyone has found one that won't be as bad?
I bought the matte one from abstract ocean and have no rainbows at all. I wear Oakley polarized lenses (prizm and reg polarized)

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I bought the matte one from abstract ocean and have no rainbows at all. I wear Oakley polarized lenses (prizm and reg polarized)

Yeah, from what I have been reading the matte ones don't cause a rainbow effect, however I do prefer the clear vs matte look personally, but who knows if the rainbows bother me enough and I can't find another I might make a switch.

Yeah, from what I have been reading the matte ones don't cause a rainbow effect, however I do prefer the clear vs matte look personally, but who knows if the rainbows bother me enough and I can't find another I might make a switch.
I thought the matte would bother me too, but it’s barely noticeable. I don’t even remember what my screen looks like before I put the matte on

Ditto here and same glasses. I actually went the matte because in the evening on my way home (pre-virus travel) the sun comes right through the passenger side windows and reflects right into my eyes. Not a problem with the matte,