Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen protectors: matte or not?

What screen protector?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with clear for our Model 3 and have ordered the same for the pending Model Y. Some will ask why a protector is needed if I am not even changing the finish and went with something invisible. All I can say is that I like the knowledge that the screen is protected, even if the likelihood of needing the protection is negligible.

We went with matte. You're going to get fingerprints all over it, and while it's not that difficult to wipe it clean, the matte finish hides them more then glossy.

Also, matte helps when the sun is directly on the screen.
100% agree. We bought matte for my wife's MachEGT and liked it so much we bought the same for my Model 3. I haven't cleaned my screen since I installed the protector (2 months ago) and have no visible fingerprints.

I don't have a screen protector and haven't had any close calls that would make me think I need one*. Mind you there have been no younger kids in the car ... but don't they have to go in the back anyway these days?

* Clearly I have now invited disaster!