TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Screen reboot getting frequent

Discussion in 'Model S' started by idealsol, May 21, 2017.

1. idealsol

idealsol Member

Just wondering if I should have the SC look at this

Seems like I'm rebooting the screen once or twice a week. The other day I had an odd need to reboot. My wife's phone was the paired phone. While driving my wife took and then transferred to her phone. After that the audio volume for all radio/streaming/USB was locked on a very low setting. Couldn't adjust, couldn't mute either on screen or scroll wheel. A reboot fixed it. But just seems like screen is locking pretty frequently

2. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

A couple of possibilities...

You could be doing something different than other users. If you can track down something specific you are doing that causes the console software problems, it could be a bug in the software.

At the last software update, perhaps the update wasn't completely successful, perhaps not all of the software updated properly - and doing a new update might fix the problem.

Or, you could be having a problem in your specific car.

With my late 2012 S P85, I've gone through periods when the software has required periodic reboots. That hasn't been a problem with the releases this year though.

It will help the Service Center if you can reproduce the problem. While they can look at logs for your car, the type of problem you are seeing may not be viewable in the logs (except for noting when you are rebooting the console processor).