Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Refresh Rate on FSD w/ Ryzen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 Model Y on FSD Beta with the older Atom processor. The screen visualizations are amazing however the refresh rate isn't the best. Cars and lines are jumpy and not very smooth.

Is this due to the screen's refresh rate or the slower Atom processor? Does anyone with the new AMD processor have FSD beta and can confirm the refresh rate and smoothness are improved?

No Ryzen is to improve entertainment and general input responsiveness (probably a better deal for Tesla too). The screen visualizations stability (or lack of) is an indication of how confident the FSD computer is at interpreting what it is seeing.

No Ryzen is to improve entertainment and general input responsiveness (probably a better deal for Tesla too). The screen visualizations stability (or lack of) is an indication of how confident the FSD computer is at interpreting what it is seeing.
So the visualization goes through the FSD computer and not the infotainment computer?

I understand cars appearing and disappearing are confidence, but what about driving down the road and not seeing a smooth update on cars right in front of you? It refreshes every 500ms or so - can they speed that up with current hardware?

Part of the lag is the update rate from AP, which is not even going to be 30fps since some of the networks you might need for the visualization are running at < 20fps. I remember another past limitation used to be the link between the computers, but that should theoretically be fast on the newer cars, whether Atom or Ryzen.