Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen replaced...new one reboots at least once a day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my screen replaced a couple weeks ago (Yellow banding) and now the center screen reboots at least once a day (Goes dark, logo show up a minute later and it reboots). Driver display is unaffected. they said they replaced the MCU AND the screen but im pretty sure the service advisor had no clue as to what was actually replaced

Anybody else have this issue??

Had my screen replaced a couple weeks ago (Yellow banding) and now the center screen reboots at least once a day (Goes dark, logo show up a minute later and it reboots). Driver display is unaffected. they said they replaced the MCU AND the screen but im pretty sure the service advisor had no clue as to what was actually replaced

Anybody else have this issue??
did you get a refurb? post the invoice and we'll tell you if you got both replaced or not ;)

This may or may not apply to you. I'm just adding to be helpful. A few months ago I had my screen (not MCU) replaced due to the yellow banding issue too. No reboot problems UNTIL I installed update 2018.14.2 a88808e recently. Since then, my center screen has frozen three times (quick reboot fixes). Prior to this latest update, my center screen only froze once or twice over the entire last year.

What update are you on? I wonder if it could be something in the new update.

Reactions: PaulusdB

Attachments

• mcu.JPG
    mcu.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 137
This may or may not apply to you. I'm just adding to be helpful. A few months ago I had my screen (not MCU) replaced due to the yellow banding issue too. No reboot problems UNTIL I installed update 2018.14.2 a88808e recently. Since then, my center screen has frozen three times (quick reboot fixes). Prior to this latest update, my center screen only froze once or twice over the entire last year.

What update are you on? I wonder if it could be something in the new update.

2018.12 5eadc71

it appears they only changed the touchscreen, after contradicting themselves on the invoice notes.

Depending on your year (2012-2014?), the restart could be a symptom of the eMMC going bad. Although I drone on about this in every thread, baring weird hiccups in their network (GPS issues causing the whole fleet to cycle resets), that is the most common and likely issue, and will result in an actual MCU replacement.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman