Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen reset whilst driving

cjh75

Sep 20, 2019
Herts
Had my M3 screen reset itself last night whilst driving home, slightly unnerving with no speedo going along dual carriage way!
It took few mins to reset, then came back in full but without resuming my audio from usb (no surprise there!)

ewoodrick

Apr 13, 2018
Buford, GA
It happens, best to ignore it.
Everything should continue to work, except audio and the display. Autopilot should continue driving. Turn signals even work except you may not see them.

It’s just the display computer, not the important ones

Reactions: Roy W.

dutchchili

Jul 16, 2019
The Netherlands
Seems to be something new in 2019.32.12.2.
Stability of the software is a bigger issue in this version. I also witnessed:
- rear truck does unlock (sometimes) with the phone key present
- left side of the screen resets (all warning lights come on) while using the webbrowser in rainy conditions or car wash
- AP off sound is repeated (sometimes).

The browser affecting the performance of other functions worries me. Really hope that will be fixed in the next release.

Artiste

Jun 17, 2019
Lancashire
I’m sure if you’re caught speeding when your screen isn’t working the magistrate will be very sympathetic. Not. Isn’t it an offence to drive without a working speed display, even for a couple of minutes?

Roy W.

Battery running low...
Jun 3, 2019
Derby, UK
Certainly don’t worry about it. I’ve had two spontaneous resets while driving, and I think I’ve done three on purpose because audio wasn’t working properly.

I suppose it’s what comes of driving a computer on wheels rather than a car!

kuruma

Aug 29, 2019
Northeast
Funnily enough, had my first one of these today, AP stayed on and everything came back as before with even my BT streamed music picking up where it left off. But yeah, bit unnerving not knowing when, or if, it would come back.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC