Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen resets when reading user manual or using the browser.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When ever I try to access my on screen users manual or access the browser my screen resets. The screen freezes, the fan goes to high speed, and after about 10 seconds the screen goes black, 30 seconds later the Tesla T logo appears and the screen reappears. This also somtimes happens when I am searching podcasts. I have also gotten random resets when driving. The driving controls appear to work, like shifting but the scroll are dead.
Are others having this problem? I am planing to open a service request next week.

Reactions: mcsenerd
I've had this happen 3-4 times since 6/12. :mad:

The service tech could not replicate, but said if it happens again, give voice command "report bug" (press right steering wheel control) and then place a service request with details of what you were doing/looking at for this. This will allow them to capture the information your SC will see that report and review the bug issues. They can push to Tesla with issues.

Try not using the web browser, netflix, youtube and games for a while and see if you still have crashes. Most crashes I've seen were during or soon after using those features. Since the user manual seems to crash for a few people, try not using that too :) There's a PDF version you can find online.

Message from my SC regarding this issue: “Hello, your vehicle was remotely look at, you can view the invoice right in your app under service, for ease, this is what the tech found: Reviewed vehicle logs and infotainment logs from July 6th 11:00AM - 11:30 AM. Verified the owner's manual popup window caused the main vehicle process in the car computer to crash. This is a known firmware bug and will be addressed in a future firmware update.” Hopefully addressed soon.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
I also placed a service request on this bug. I was informed by the service tech that this is a known bug and will be resolved in a future release. So, at least Tesla is aware of it. Also, other issues that may be related - things that require high speed internet. In my case the browser app has stopped loading.
Just be aware that this crash can occur while you are driving (for instance, if your passenger looks at the manual). It may cause a little panic but just stay calm. Reports by others indicate the car driving functions still work.

Reactions: jsmay311