Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen restarts when trying to "fast forward" music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The user manual says that the screen can be restarted by pushing both scroll buttons in simultaneously. I have a faster way. I was playing a podcast on my iphone and I thought that pushing the left button to the right would "fast forward" through the podcast. Instead, the screen turned black. Has anyone else noticed this or does my model 3 have defective buttons?
To be clear: a quick push to the right on the left-hand scroll button will skip to the next song/podcast. A long push to the right will cause the screen to restart (while driving!)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
da' wife said that teh same thing happened to her when she was driving/changing tunes on Thursday. Screen went black and then restarted.

I told her to not use the scroll wheel to change songs. I'm not convinced that the scroll wheel will last very long doing that. Too much underneath to go bad (in my uneducated opinion).

The user manual says that the screen can be restarted by pushing both scroll buttons in simultaneously. I have a faster way. I was playing a podcast on my iphone and I thought that pushing the left button to the right would "fast forward" through the podcast. Instead, the screen turned black. Has anyone else noticed this or does my model 3 have defective buttons?
To be clear: a quick push to the right on the left-hand scroll button will skip to the next song/podcast. A long push to the right will cause the screen to restart (while driving!)
Yup, same thing happened to me. Blank screen for a few seconds and then right back on after a scroll wheel song skip.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden