Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen rotation Has anyone adapted their screen to swivel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a system like Apple's iOS, it takes the application programmer a lot of effort to decide on what the landscape and what the portrait layouts will look like - can include resizing and repositioning of each field of data, which is very tedious.

Since the car's software is designed to only show in landscape, I strongly suspect if the screen was rotated 90 degrees, the content would rotate 90 degrees as well - it isn't magically going to re-orientate, I am pretty sure.

I know the 'old' S had a portrait screen, but I don't think that is a generic rotation function - it is model/screen specific.

Long time ago... Elon Musk mentioned the future possibility to provide an API, allowing to design and to install custom Apps.

Well, this never occurred, however it would be nice to be able to customize a little bit the screen.

- For example, be able to choose the font size would be great.

Also to be able to adjust the dimension of the display depending if you driving or parked would be nice.

- For example, when parked, you can see a video or play a game in full screen, but when you try to study an itinerary, it would be nice to have a button to get a full screen map.

In a system like Apple's iOS, it takes the application programmer a lot of effort to decide on what the landscape and what the portrait layouts will look like - can include resizing and repositioning of each field of data, which is very tedious.

Since the car's software is designed to only show in landscape, I strongly suspect if the screen was rotated 90 degrees, the content would rotate 90 degrees as well - it isn't magically going to re-orientate, I am pretty sure.

I know the 'old' S had a portrait screen, but I don't think that is a generic rotation function - it is model/screen specific.
Op is talking swivel, not rotating.