TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Screen scratch polishing

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by anhnguyen, May 15, 2018.

1. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Member

Hi,

I noticed a scratch on my screen a week after I recieved the car. Left it with a detailer for coating and wrap.

Anywho has anyone fixed scratches on their screen? I tried toothpaste but didn't do too much.

Any suggestions?

2. Pike

Pike New Member

Is the plastic film still on the screen?

3. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Member

...not sure if there is one on there unless it's super thin and I missed it?

4. Pike

Pike New Member

Mine had a fitted screen film, i didn't notice until I looked really closely at the edges, and I also saw some small bubbles. You should check it if yours has that.

• Like x 1
  5. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Member

...perfect! If I do..I am gonna wait until I get a protector and install..

6. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Member

...input from others would be helpful as I am 2000 miles away from my baby at the moment..

7. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Don't have my 3 yet, so not sure what the screen is made of, but assume it would be similar to cell phones or tablets, so maybe something like type of glass. Might be hard to totally remove it, but might at least make it not as noticeable. Might just require a bit more elbow grease with the toothpaste. I'm sure different brands can be slightly more abrasive, so worth doing some research.

Good luck! Let us know if you have any success.

8. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Member

...I'm gonna cross my fingers for the screen cover as I read on other posts..it's just not that obvious as I would think..

9. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

Mine also had the thin film on the screen from the factory still on. It looks a hell of a lot better with it off. The second I removed it I put on one of the screen protectors from Abstract Ocean. It is fantastic, perfect clarity and I cannot even tell it is there. Fingerprints clean off very easily from the protector as well. Even if your actual screen is scratched up a little bit putting on a good screen protector may minimize or perhaps completely eliminate the appearance of the scratches.

10. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Member

...thanks! your post is easing my anxious mind! I plan on putting a clear bra on it since I bought a roll for my door sills, luggage area, and trying to handles, headlights and mirrors..

11. anhnguyen

anhnguyen Member

...upon looking closer there is something there..havent pulled it off yet..thank you all again!