Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen scratch polishing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't have my 3 yet, so not sure what the screen is made of, but assume it would be similar to cell phones or tablets, so maybe something like type of glass. Might be hard to totally remove it, but might at least make it not as noticeable. Might just require a bit more elbow grease with the toothpaste. I'm sure different brands can be slightly more abrasive, so worth doing some research.

Good luck! Let us know if you have any success.

Don't have my 3 yet, so not sure what the screen is made of, but assume it would be similar to cell phones or tablets, so maybe something like type of glass. Might be hard to totally remove it, but might at least make it not as noticeable. Might just require a bit more elbow grease with the toothpaste. I'm sure different brands can be slightly more abrasive, so worth doing some research.

Good luck! Let us know if you have any success.
...I'm gonna cross my fingers for the screen cover as I read on other posts..it's just not that obvious as I would think..

Mine also had the thin film on the screen from the factory still on. It looks a hell of a lot better with it off. The second I removed it I put on one of the screen protectors from Abstract Ocean. It is fantastic, perfect clarity and I cannot even tell it is there. Fingerprints clean off very easily from the protector as well. Even if your actual screen is scratched up a little bit putting on a good screen protector may minimize or perhaps completely eliminate the appearance of the scratches.

Mine also had the thin film on the screen from the factory still on. It looks a hell of a lot better with it off. The second I removed it I put on one of the screen protectors from Abstract Ocean. It is fantastic, perfect clarity and I cannot even tell it is there. Fingerprints clean off very easily from the protector as well. Even if your actual screen is scratched up a little bit putting on a good screen protector may minimize or perhaps completely eliminate the appearance of the scratches.
...thanks! your post is easing my anxious mind! I plan on putting a clear bra on it since I bought a roll for my door sills, luggage area, and trying to handles, headlights and mirrors..