Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen shows I'm calling myself, but still allowed me to make calls.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, first post as I can't find an answer anywhere... I've started getting an issue where the MY shows I'm calling myself any time in connected by Bluetooth. Because it thinks I'm in a phone call, it won't let me play Bluetooth music. I've reset the car, reset my phone, deleted the Bluetooth connection and set it back up. No luck. I can make a call from my phone no problem, it switches right back to showing I'm calling myself when I hang up. I can go to entertainment and play movies no problem. I'm using a Samsung Note 20. My son's S20 does the same. If I press the red hang up button on the Tesla, the call disappears on the screen and reappears... I'm frustrated as i listen to audio books on my 3 hour daily commute.
20210918_192558~2.jpg

Are you using a navigation app (like Waze, etc.) on your phone? One option with those apps are to use a fake BT phone call to send nav instructions to the car's audio system. IIRC Waze has an option to switch that off.
Actually, seems you may have been correct, it wasn't a mapping app, it was Doximetry, the app i use to spoof my phone number to my medical office number when calling patients from my cell. Thanks Alex!

Reactions: AlexHung
Hi, first post as I can't find an answer anywhere... I've started getting an issue where the MY shows I'm calling myself any time in connected by Bluetooth. Because it thinks I'm in a phone call, it won't let me play Bluetooth music. I've reset the car, reset my phone, deleted the Bluetooth connection and set it back up. No luck. I can make a call from my phone no problem, it switches right back to showing I'm calling myself when I hang up. I can go to entertainment and play movies no problem. I'm using a Samsung Note 20. My son's S20 does the same. If I press the red hang up button on the Tesla, the call disappears on the screen and reappears... I'm frustrated as i listen to audio books on my 3 hour daily commute. View attachment 711157
This is also happening to me. It drives me crazy. Pun intended. It only started to happen recently. Maybe with the new updates. Do I really need to shut down all apps before getting into my car. That seems ludicrous! Again, pun intended. Can anyone help?

I’m having the same issue. I do t use any of those app mentioned. How can I get this to stop?

If you use "hey Siri" or "hey google" voice commands, it will do this. It will also do this if you use any mapping application on your phone and its setup to read the instructions out loud to you.

So, you need to evaluate exactly what you are doing when you get in the car, and this happens. Its definitely something on your phone, or the phone of someone else in the car who has also paired their phone with the car. Definitely, 10000%.