Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Staying On

Flybuddy

Jul 12, 2020
Fort Myers FL
Normally, the MY screen times out after I leave the car (in the garage, plugged in). Yesterday, it would not go off (showing charge completed). Checked all doors, frunk, trunk, etc as well as reboot, etc. No luck. It will go off IF I lock the car OR unplug it. Also, noticed when I got in car that seat heater was on. I turned it off and it came back on by itself after reboot. Any suggestions? thx

GtiMart

Nov 13, 2019
Quebec City, Canada
Not sure it's the same problem but sometimes when I get out of my car and close the door everything will stay on: screen, exterior lights etc... When that happens, I simply reopen and close the driver's door and everything turns off. Other people have had the same problem and it was the seat weight sensor that needed replacing in a few cases. In my case, I'm not sure my sensor is bad. It happens to me more often when I just move the car in the driveway, or drive for a short distance without my seatbelt on. If I had left it that way and plugged the charger, I believe the exterior lights would have turn off but the rest would have stayed running.
Just check if you are in that same situation the next time, before plugging in.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC