Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Vertical Lines Static

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else experience this? Jittering and dancing screen static vertical bars. I saw it one morning getting into the car. Fortunately it went away after a double scroll wheel reboot.

BEE3FB62-7CCB-40B0-8A4F-0663B5707BD3.jpeg

EE57302E-4350-4942-8CC1-93FC283C0A66.jpeg
0688471E-3527-46F5-83DB-1F2C5F6C01E8.jpeg
I have had it a couple of times. I do the same thing and it reboots fine. Prior to the reboot, I photograph it to get a time stamp. I also create an “Event” by activating the voice command and say, “ Bug report”. Call Tesla. They will want to replace a module or something. I haven’t had the module replaced yet, but will shortly.

John

• Informative
Reactions: Runt8
View attachment 289574 View attachment 289575 I have had it a couple of times. I do the same thing and it reboots fine. Prior to the reboot, I photograph it to get a time stamp. I also create an “Event” by activating the voice command and say, “ Bug report”. Call Tesla. They will want to replace a module or something. I haven’t had the module replaced yet, but will shortly.

John
Yikes.

I had this issue and brought it up at my service appointment yesterday (keycard not working). Was told they are now ordering a "module" for me and there was recently a service bulletin released. So, sounds like it is a know issue and takes more that a software update to fix.

Same thing happened to me twice, once on 2018.10.5 and once on 2018.12.1. Cleared with reboot both times. I wasn’t concerned as it resolved with reboot, but after reading this thread I’ll take a picture and call service if it happens again.