Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen went mad this morning, with ghost taps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a 2021 M3LR on 2022.4.5.3 - only 500 miles in. Searched forum but couldn't see this issue. I had turned on climate from the app this morning because it was frosty. When I got outside the car was still misted so I turned on defrost mode from the app. After I got in I noticed climate was now off but heated screen was set to on. I tried turning climate back on - then the screen, basically, went nuts - as if it was getting phantom or ghost touches. Climate turned up to 24, then down to minimum, then spotify started playing. When I tried to manually override the controls just went back. I couldn't stop spotify. In the end I rebooted the display and it was fine.
Is that a common thing?

This is a wild shot...

Might be worth gently cleaning the screen with some window/glass cleaner.

I've had this on a previous car, when someone gave it a courtesy clean they thought it was a good idea to use dashboard/silicon spray cleaner on the touchscreen. Once I removed that from the screen, it no longer triggered phantom key presses.

Reactions: charltones
I've had this on a previous car, when someone gave it a courtesy clean they thought it was a good idea to use dashboard/silicon spray cleaner on the touchscreen. Once I removed that from the screen, it no longer triggered phantom key presses.
Yes I had this when I used screen cleaner on the Tesla once.

I would use screen cleaning mode and clean it with a dry cloth (no spray) as it could have been some moisture somehow on the screen that caused this triggering

Reactions: charltones