Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen with speedometer not showing other cars.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure when this happened but I noticed a couple days ago that the front display that shows the speedometer (not sure what it's called) doesn't show cars around me anymore. It used to show other cars on the sides and front, even trucks. Now it just shows white or yellow accents where cars or objects are. When did this change? Is there a setting somewhere? I tried rebooting the screen but it did nothing.

If it says autopilot limited, try cleaning your cameras first before calling service. It happened to me a few times this winter and I called them and they told me the rear camera or side was too dirty. Cleaned it and the message went away and all the cars came back on the display.

Have same issue on our S, but in addition, my screen states 'Limited Autopilot Functionality'.....so it's in for service. I was not seeing cars on either side or back.....

I was getting the same message "autopilot limited" when I tried it the other day as well. Didn't think to connect the two, but makes sense now.

I take my car to a hand car wash almost weekly so it's not dirty cameras.

Making an appointment for service.

Instrument cluster

There are two kinds of screens to reboot. Did you do them all:

1) 17" MCU (2 scroll wheels)
2) Instrument cluster (2 buttons ABOVE 2 scroll wheels)
I was getting the same message "autopilot limited" when I tried it the other day as well. Didn't think to connect the two, but makes sense now.

I take my car to a hand car wash almost weekly so it's not dirty cameras.

Making an appointment for service.
Have a 2018 Tesla 3, only the 2 scroll buttons on the steering wheel; where are the other 2 buttons (none above my scroll wheels$?