Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screenwash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always learn something new on this forum and today it was screen washer fluid - never knew it warranted discussion.

Maybe I should stop squirting in fairly liquid every time I top up the reservoir with water ;)
I've done this at a pinch if i've needed to in the past, as others have said supermarket premixed fluid is perfectly fine, a 1 gallon jug will do about 2 top ups.

I'm expecting my new M3LR this week, I plan to use a hybrid ceramic wax or similar straight away. As these types of coatings require a ph neutral car wash, should I use a ph neutral screenwash too? If so, can anyone recommend one?
Thanks in advance.

Do they really require a pH neutral car wash? I’ve had all my cars ceramic coated and was never given this guidance, nor did it seem to make any difference how I washed it. I have started using a DI vessel to deionise the final wash, mainly because I’m lazy and it means I don’t have to chamois it.

CAUTION: Do not add formulated washer fluids that contain water repellent or bug wash. These fluids can cause streaking, smearing, and squeaking or other noises.
I've topped my washer fluid up with a couple of fluid ozs of this, and it's not provided any problems with smearing/streaking/juddering whatsoever. Or with the original RainX stuff that I treat the windscreen with when I clean it.

Attachments

• 81cS-pv8qzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81cS-pv8qzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 72
Do they really require a pH neutral car wash? I’ve had all my cars ceramic coated and was never given this guidance, nor did it seem to make any difference how I washed it. I have started using a DI vessel to deionise the final wash, mainly because I’m lazy and it means I don’t have to chamois it.
The hybrid ceramic stuff I've been recommended to use does say on the usage instructions to use a ph neutral car wash to avoid stripping the coating. So I thought maybe a harsh screenwash solution may do the same?