TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Screw disappeared into the void between seat and center console

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by cpxasn, Jul 28, 2018.

1. cpxasn

cpxasn Member

I was installing my dash cam today and was screwing in the side rails of the center console when I dropped the screw between the passenger seat and the center console. I've attached a picture of one of the screws that I am referring to. I checked with a flash light between the gap, under the seat, under the floor mats and could not find it. My friend lent me his long flexible magnet tool to see if I could find it but no luck. I know there are some small gaps where the seat cables are run, I'm hoping that it did not fall in there as I would have to remove the seat to check under there. Does anyone know of any less obvious places to check before I decide to remove the seat entirely? Any kind of video guides on removing the seat?

Attached Files:

2. Evoforce

Evoforce Member

Bad luck! Any SC located near you so you can just buy another one? Do you have any compressed air that you can blow under the seat and along the console? @cpxasn

3. Dana1

Dana1 Supporting Member

Go to Harbor Freight or Amazon and buy a retrieval tool. It’s a small magnet on end of flexible cable. Root around.

4. cpxasn

cpxasn Member

I do, but not sure where to point it. I can't hear the screw rolling around when I'm driving so I think it's stuck somewhere.

That's the one my friend lent me. I used it for around 1-2 hours and still couldn't find the screw.

5. Evoforce

Evoforce Member

I would give it a blow job all over! Front to back, back to front, side to side...o_O

• Funny x 1
  6. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

sounds like you might be screwed

• Funny x 2