Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

<redacted> So Dissapointed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh oh. Woke up on the wrong foot? You owning a Tesla for 3 years leads me to believe you have home charging. What’s the problem? Is an hour of your time at a supercharger worth $5? Because that’s what it’ll save you if you want to supercharge instead of filling up while enjoying time with your family, sleep, or wonder about astrophysics

Ive had my tesla for 3 years now and I live in the San Gabriel Valley, and they have yet to even get a permit for a supercharger. The area has thousands of tesla and the fonpany doesnt give a *sugar*. So dissapointed just keep adding chargers for liberal idiots in San Jose and SF but ignore all others.

When and where did Tesla promise you a Supercharger within a few feet of your house. Most of the country would love to have one within 30 miles of their home.

Bunch of <redacted> it looks like. Actually superchargers are for everyday useage if you drive to LA like I do. Second look at thr areas where they have been opening them in socal. Why would fontana need a supercharger when the SGV has nothing between Glendale to Rancho Cucamonga but they have two in downey and two in santa monica funny. Please you elon <redacted> be a legit person and realize when a company is <redacted>

Last edited by a moderator:
Bunch of <redacted> it looks like. Actually superchargers are for everyday useage if you drive to LA like I do. Second look at thr areas where they have been opening them in socal. Why would fontana need a supercharger when the SGV has nothing between Glendale to Rancho Cucamonga but they have two in downey and two in santa monica funny. Please you elon <redacted> be a legit person and realize when a company is <redacted>
Dude relax. You’re giving conservatives a bad name. I’m a proud to be one but wouldn’t say <redacted> like that. SuCs are put in areas where they are most needed. If they happen to be in the liberal part so be it. The more the merrier

Bunch of <redacted> it looks like. Actually superchargers are for everyday useage if you drive to LA like I do. Second look at thr areas where they have been opening them in socal. Why would fontana need a supercharger when the SGV has nothing between Glendale to Rancho Cucamonga but they have two in downey and two in santa monica funny. Please you elon <redacted>be a legit person and realize when a company is <redacted>
Well, maybe you need to trade up from a 2013 Model S 60 to a bigger battery car...

Excuse me? We don't even have one in San Francisco. Thanks

Daly City, CA Supercharger

40 Superchargers, available 24/7, up to 72kW

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
San Francisco, CA - Financial District
Coming Soon - Target opening in 2019

San Francisco, CA - SOMA

San Francisco, CA - Van Ness

San Francisco, CA - Mission

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffnReno
Daly City, CA Supercharger

40 Superchargers, available 24/7, up to 72kW

San Francisco, CA - Financial District

San Francisco, CA - SOMA

San Francisco, CA - Van Ness

San Francisco, CA - Mission

thats not in San Francisco

and those 4 locations have been listed with target "opening" since 2017 lol

Well, maybe you need to trade up from a 2013 Model S 60 to a bigger battery car...

I drive a MX 60D, live in the San Gabriel Valley, not far from '91786', and I commute daily to downtown LA and only use about 40% of my battery, roundtrip. While I understand Spartan53's observation of the lack of supercharger on this particular route, their listed location of 91786 is only about 10 miles from Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana only a couple more miles up the freeway once open. While I understand these are not along the convenient route for Spartan53, living within 10 miles from a SuperCharger may be considered by many as reasonably close. Those of us who live in this region may have noticed the strategic placement along busy interstates such as the 5, 15, 215, 91, 405, freeways and based on my roadwarrior experience it makes it virtually possible to drive anywhere with a SuperCharger within a reasonable distance.

This guy is peeing into the wind. Not going to get much productivity nor sympathy with an attitude like that. The fact is that Supercharging is not intended to be a daily use. Some folks who have done so complain about being throttled down to 75kW and are flipping mad about it. If Tesla is hold up their end of the warranty, the consumer is expected to follow through on their end as well. I believe the heat and stress can reduce the batteries function over the long haul if a Tesla is overly reliant upon Supercharging. I just breezed through 4 Superchargers after picking up my used Tesla from out of state. They are strategically placed to provide an infrastructure to get you through the country with reasonable charging times while the driver rests, stops to eat, or handle a little business.

I don't have a Supercharger lot within an 8 mile radius of me even though I live 2 miles from a major Tesla Service/Delivery Center and a retail studio. Not a big deal, there are plenty of free EVSEs around me and I can home charge at 10kW/h overnight. Hell, my wife was doing just fine with her 83-mile range Fiat 500e driving 56 miles from Newport Beach to Century City...and the chargers at her parking garage are dialed down to 5.8kW/h.

BTW, there should 3 Supercharging lots slated to open this year near me, and it appears that there will be two lots opening this year near you.

Haha, this is the opposite of NIMBY. :rolleyes: I fail to see how the political insults fit in though; I see and hear more than enough of that being near DC.

Trying to be at least somewhat constructive:
  • Based on other threads I've read here, I think many people prefer to avoid gratuitous politics on this forum.
  • If you want a supercharger near you, just (POLITELY) ask a local landlord to submit a request or proposal to Tesla. And then, as noted above, stand in line -- if and when Tesla thinks it makes sense to build a charger there, they will.
  • If you want level 2 charging at your apartment/condo complex (if you live in one and can't install it yourself), just (POLITELY) ask your landlord.
I know that's oversimplifying things, but it beats a "Screw Tesla" rant.