Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screw you, Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just lurched into my 94 year. WW2 and Korean War vet. 5 years active duty, USS Hornet. Bought a tesla 3 in 2019. Best car and decision I ever made. My wife says I'm 93......going on 23! She may be right, cause the model 3 and a martini every nite are two of my favorite things! Drive 90% of my time in automatic. To tell you the truth..........it drives better and safer than my manual driving! Hope I'm still around when we can go full self driving.
I'm glad you are still here to enjoy a future that you and your fellow vets have helped to bring to all of us! Thank you for your service, and all other vets and active duty military on this forum! While you make our past, present and future safe, Tesla helps the bring the future to the present for all to enjoy, so enjoy!

Reactions: Mosby and RoBoRaT
What do Tesla service centers charge for a tire rotation? And alignment? Are those two separate services?
It was going to be about $40 for the tire rotation (I don't know what it would have been for the alignment). The problem I ran into is that our local Tesla service center made me schedule two weeks out and then wanted me to leave the car for 72 hours for what should have taken just a few hours. Be apart from (insert my secret name for my M3 here) for 72 hours with an Uber voucher as a replacement? Not so much.

• Love
Reactions: Pollux
It was going to be about $40 for the tire rotation (I don't know what it would have been for the alignment). The problem I ran into is that our local Tesla service center made me schedule two weeks out and then wanted me to leave the car for 72 hours for what should have taken just a few hours. Be apart from (insert my secret name for my M3 here) for 72 hours with an Uber voucher as a replacement? Not so much.

Thanks for the explanation. And wow, just an Uber voucher? My Advisor was telling me that his service center offers loaner cars for service that takes 3 hours or more.

Just lurched into my 94 year. WW2 and Korean War vet. 5 years active duty, USS Hornet. Bought a tesla 3 in 2019. Best car and decision I ever made. My wife says I'm 93......going on 23! She may be right, cause the model 3 and a martini every nite are two of my favorite things! Drive 90% of my time in automatic. To tell you the truth..........it drives better and safer than my manual driving! Hope I'm still around when we can go full self driving.
It's been some time since I read a thread on TMC. However, I'm glad I stop in today. I enjoyed reading each of the stories of you veterans, especially the old timers! I would never have thought a near-centenarian would be driving a M3! I pray you keep on driving and enjoying life!

Reactions: Mosby and TX_M3P+
I wonder how many of us veterans are in some way pleased with Tesla's success because maybe, just maybe, some future veteran will not have to fight and die in some far off foreign land protecting oil?

Yup. Also reduces demand to despoil our own land and waters through rampant drilling or fracking in the US. Ever drive through the Permian Basin in Texas? It’s not a pretty site.

• Love
Reactions: MentalNomad
I love this thread. I too remember 29 cent/gal gas in my new 1970 Pontiac Lemans. I've only owned 2 new cars until now. The M3 is my third-- and undoubtedly my last. My red beauty is arriving tomorrow (9/29) and I'm so excited! I have spent hours reading, watching videos, talking to 3 other Mainers whom I know who have Teslas. I went to Dedham MA to drive it for the first time and ordered it right then!
The delivery driver called tonight with ETA. I've already scheduled appointment for PPF and ceramic coating. When I see more than a few snowflakes I may leave it in the garage for a long while. This car has got me hooked and it's now even here yet!

• Love
Reactions: Mosby
:D:cool:
Nicely written Mosby and thank you for your service.

I just celebrated the second anniversary of my 40th birthday. I've owned my model 3 LR RWD for over two years. I did not get to serve in the military, instead, I was an engineer working on military projects. I look for reasons to drive; When I point out Tesla model 3's on the road, my wife seems uninterested. I think I need to trade her in for two 40 year old's.

You're all looking at this wrong. Buy her a Model X, she'll fall in love with it and then learn to recognize SEXY! My son has an M3 and it is not the car for me. I've had an SUV since 1985 and 'set in my ways'! I joked for a year that if I drove up in a Model X I'd won the lottery! Having never sat in one! My husband of 46 years (retired Navy) kept saying why don't I get a Model Y and my response always was "WHY? I love those wings!!!" My last vehicle was almost 20 years old and I'd been looking on and off for about 5 years. One day I told him I needed to get serious about shopping for a vehicle so I'd have it in 2020 (I'm an eye doctor!) and I should get a new vehicle every 20 years! (Previous one was 17yo.) And said I'd never sat in one; he replied we could do it that afternoon! The deal was too good to pass up as they were clearing out the pre-Ravens. Right place, right time, right price--they were going like hotcakes and were sold out in a few hours. Then I had to tell people I didn't win the lottery! I am so in love with my Model X but am gracious in sharing. Often I have to remind hubby he is hogging the driving. We have put 34,000 miles on in 16 months. It just keeps getting better. A full-size mattress topper is perfect for camping; we fold lengthwise, roll and stuff in a space bag, vacuum air out and it takes up about 2/3rds of the lower trunk of our 7 seater. We also purchased a Rightline SUV tent recently to act as a 'living room/bug screen'. Yes, it does fit Model 3. When we take long trips we leave the mattress deployed and take catnaps at the superchargers. Much less fatigued at our destination.
So glad I found my DreamX in 2019; I was so excited about 2020 and now I can't wait to see it in hindsight!
If she has a Model X she might be more excited and you'd get to drive it too and make it dance, enjoy the wings, the wonderful windshield ....the list goes on and on. One of my favorite things is the brake pedal closes the driver door! Hands full of stuff, including purse, its raining and you don't have to put everything down before you can close the door--SOLD! At least take her for a test drive!:D:cool:;)

I love this thread. I too remember 29 cent/gal gas in my new 1970 Pontiac Lemans. I've only owned 2 new cars until now. The M3 is my third-- and undoubtedly my last. My red beauty is arriving tomorrow (9/29) and I'm so excited! I have spent hours reading, watching videos, talking to 3 other Mainers whom I know who have Teslas. I went to Dedham MA to drive it for the first time and ordered it right then!
The delivery driver called tonight with ETA. I've already scheduled appointment for PPF and ceramic coating. When I see more than a few snowflakes I may leave it in the garage for a long while. This car has got me hooked and it's now even here yet!

Enjoy!

Reactions: BerkshireEV