TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Scroll Buttons Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by byan1232, Apr 4, 2016.

1. byan1232

byan1232 Member

Hey guys I don't know if this was posted in another thread but today my left side scroll buttons stopped working. I can still scroll the volume up and down, but pausing, next song, and previous song buttons don't work anymore. I noticed this after my touch screen froze.

I reset the touch screen once and the dashboard screen twice. Still no fix. Any suggestions? or call Tesla service?

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

Call Tesla Service. Each time this has happened to me, a reboot of the 17" has set things straight until the next time a slowdown or non-responsive button on my steering wheel or 17" occurs. (Besides, IMHO its great and fast to get self help from TMC, but if we each don't report bugs like this to Tesla, letting them know there are a growing number of users encountering these sort of annoyances, we have even less possibility of ever seeing a resolution to help everyone.) GOOD LUCK. Please report back!

3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

my suggestion is to always do a full reboot first then evaluate the results if the problem persists then call it in

4. byan1232

byan1232 Member

@kort677 Is a full reboot different than rebooting the center screen and dash screen?

5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

that's what I meant, rebooting the center and dash will sometimes cure the minor glitches

6. byan1232

byan1232 Member

Called Tesla 24/7 Tech Support and they could not fix the problem on their end. Scheduled an appointment at the Dedham service center for earliest available, which is April 21st....

7. BertL

BertL Active Member

Good luck with your resolution. Let us know how it goes.