Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scroll wheel reboot not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2018 model x is having trouble initiating Wi-Fi connection. I tried doing the scroll wheel reset but nothing seems to be rebooting (screen just stays on). I've seen some mention this in other threads, but it doesn't seem to be widespread. How many people are unable to perform the steering wheel reboot?

My 2018 model x is having trouble initiating Wi-Fi connection. I tried doing the scroll wheel reset but nothing seems to be rebooting (screen just stays on). I've seen some mention this in other threads, but it doesn't seem to be widespread. How many people are unable to perform the steering wheel reboot?

I haven't had the wifi/LTE connectivity issues that others have had, but my iOS app won't connect and according to Tesla, my car shows online, but no data can be sent back and forth. (which means no updates to fix these issues) I can't reset via the scrollwheels either.

I had the 12-volt battery service message right before all of this happened and with 2018.12 update, the message went away, but the issues started. I'm currently waiting on my SC to schedule a rover service to do a 12-volt system reset and hopefully this will resolve my issues. Getting very frustrated at this point.

I had the exact same issue when I picked up my MX a few weeks back. I took it to the service center and they said they'll have to push firmware update to fix it...and with 2018.14.2 which I got on Saturday, it was. I can now reboot the MCU with scroll wheels and wifi is much better. The thing that still doesn't work is summon on the phone app. Maybe with the next update.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
I had the exact same issue when I picked up my MX a few weeks back. I took it to the service center and they said they'll have to push firmware update to fix it...and with 2018.14.2 which I got on Saturday, it was. I can now reboot the MCU with scroll wheels and wifi is much better. The thing that still doesn't work is summon on the phone app. Maybe with the next update.
You should be getting the real 14.2. The weekend version was the develop version. The final version has a hashcode starting with ‘a’.