Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scroll wheel vs steering wheel nudge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

sorry for bombardment of questions... just so many questions!

when on auto-pilot, I’ve seen a lot of videos saying you can “flick”/“scroll” the right dial on the steering wheel rather than slightly nudging the steering wheel itself to let the Tesla know you’re not dead at the wheel...

However it doesn’t seem to be working for me. Does it work for anyone else in the UK, and if so any tips? Am I “flicking” wrong?

I think thats old advice and possibly due to various incidents, seems to no longer be the case as the various regs and authorities slowly tighten their noose around the Tesla torque sensing system. A camera based system cannot come soon enough imho.

Having just returned from a long motorway trip, I noticed the nudge-nag fail quite a few times. It required the 'slight turning force' but then didn't detect it until I had put two or three inputs or, in frustration, turned too hard so it deactivated. One hopes that any software feedback to Tesla doesn't include sound because I was swearing like a trooper at it.