Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SDGE - Financial Analysis - TOU vs EV Plans - EV-TOU5 unsurpassed?

Which SDGE plan is the best?

• TOU-DR1

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • EV-TOU-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EV-TOU-5

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking for anyone on the internet to have gone through the analysis in a spreadsheet on the various TOU and EV plans, but it's only been forum post commentary versus financial analysis:

TOU-DR1
EV-TOU-2
EV-TOU-5

Has anyone made a calculation that takes into account, baseline allowance, baseline+, (perhaps 400% surcharge), thereafter on-peak and off-peak, in a way that an individual could enter their own usage ratios to understand how much they would save on the various plans? I didn't find anything, but I thought the solar people might have done this.

Based on my research, the $16/monthly fee plus ~$0.09 per kWh is very attractive and eats into the potential attractiveness of solar.

I made my own spreadsheet that takes into account everything above except for 400% surcharges and unless you're retired and going through one full 75kWh a month you're saving on EV-TOU5. Anyone disagree?

Reactions: P85_DA
No financial analysis done ..but I have been on every TOu plan SDGE has had going back to 2014 when I got first S ...have been on tou5 since last year and can confirm it’s been the cheapest ;)

Sorry to bring back a seemingly DEAD thread, but I was wondering what the thoughts are on EV-TOU-2 vs. EV-TOU-5 when you HAVE Solar? I mean I work from home so I can charge during "Generation Hours" and I am wondering if it is worth paying the extra $16 and charging during Super Off Peak ($.09/kwH) or just charging in the middle of the day when I am at my peak generation and sticking with TOU-2 (No fee)?

Side Question - I believe as Solar users we have a minimum $10 a month charge. Does anyone know if the the $16 for TOU-5 counts towards that minimum charge?

Sorry to bring back a seemingly DEAD thread, but I was wondering what the thoughts are on EV-TOU-2 vs. EV-TOU-5 when you HAVE Solar? I mean I work from home so I can charge during "Generation Hours" and I am wondering if it is worth paying the extra $16 and charging during Super Off Peak ($.09/kwH) or just charging in the middle of the day when I am at my peak generation and sticking with TOU-2 (No fee)?

Side Question - I believe as Solar users we have a minimum $10 a month charge. Does anyone know if the the $16 for TOU-5 counts towards that minimum charge?
I know this thread just had a birthday but these are my questions too... anyone?