Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SE Portal [solar edge portal]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seeing lots of references to SE Portal access in other posts, and wondering if I'm missing out. We installed solar a few years back under SolarCity, right before it was bought by Tesla.

Today I can see overall production using my Tesla app, but that's it. And I'm getting the impression from other posts that other people can get many more details on their solar production using the SE Portal -- is this something I should have access to as a Tesla solar owner?

SE portal in the posts you are referencing is "solar edge" portal. I dont think tesla was using solar edge equipment a few years ago so, its unlikely its something you will be able to get access to. Check what brand inverters you have. My install from a few years ago has a brand inverter that is no longer being made, I think (ABB).

TL ; DR -- its unlikely you are missing out on something you should have.

Reactions: Akikiki
That is correct, I have an ABB inverter. I didn't realize this was device-specific data, I assumed Tesla collects the same data on your system regardless of the unique parts installed. Looks like I was wrong...

The "solar edge portal" is not a tesla thing, its from solar edge. I think where you are getting confused is, you are thinking tesla is forwarding data to solar edge or something, and thats not what is happening. Solar edge sells inverters outside of tesla as well.

The people with those inverters are getting setup to get the data from solar edge (that solar edge is getting from their inverter).

Reactions: Akikiki