Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sea Sucker rack on full glass roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering getting the two bike version(mini bomber) of the sea sucker rack for the full glass roof on my model S, so I can put two adult hybrid bikes up there and fit the trailer and trailer bike in the trunk. I've heard reports of the sea sucker cracking the glass on the model 3. Anything like this happen on the S? I've also seen a pic online where someone mounted the sea sucker rack on a S, so that front part was actually on the rear hatch glass near the hinge, and the cups under the rear wheels were actually on the paint behind the glass. Is this a better place than on the roof? I would think that being all on the hatch back would be less stable overall. Are the monkey bars a better option, I already have some fork mount racks from a regular roof rack system that would fit them.

I dont have the all glass roof, so I am not sure if it helps. But I used the bomber 3-bike on my panoramic roof with no issues. I have since switched to the cross bars due to needing something for both bikes and kayaks.

IMG_8993.JPG

You don't. If you stop somewhere in a public place for any length of time, I'd remove anything from the sea sucker, and then take the sea sucker off and put it in your car. So not something you'd really take a long trip with, unless you plan your stops carefully. But if someone does mess with the rack or what's on it, sentry mode might catch them in the act.

• Informative
Reactions: Ostrichsak
You don't. If you stop somewhere in a public place for any length of time, I'd remove anything from the sea sucker, and then take the sea sucker off and put it in your car. So not something you'd really take a long trip with, unless you plan your stops carefully. But if someone does mess with the rack or what's on it, sentry mode might catch them in the act.
That's the conclusion I arrived at as well during my brief research and why I decided on a traditional roof rack instead. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something obvious though and thought I would ask. I'm glad I chose the option I chose and this reply confirms that which is good since the shipment with the Whispbars just arrived yesterday. :cool:

Thanks for the response. Good luck with your questions and free bump! :p

I dont have the all glass roof, so I am not sure if it helps. But I used the bomber 3-bike on my panoramic roof with no issues. I have since switched to the cross bars due to needing something for both bikes and kayaks.

View attachment 450800
Hi there, could you link to how the sea sucker cross bars work with bikes? I too want one solution for BOTH kayaks and bikes but don’t want to go with a tow hitch.