Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sealant for White seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious what everyone is using for ceramic protection on their seats. Particularly the white. On my 2020 M3P i used Cquartz leather, but felt it didn't apply evenly and hardened the seat a little. I hear some using the gyeon leather shield but its out of stock everywhere.

Colourlock new leather kit is what I’m going to try. Some car shop YouTubers seem to think it works well.
I have been using their cleaner and protector on my cars for the past couple of years with good results. They now have a "Faux Leather" kit that includes their cleaner and protector for fake leather. It's not a ceramic style coating but does provide a protective layer. I ordered that for our M3P we are picking up soon.

I found this on "After Xmas" sale and apparently in stock?! Have not ordered from these guys before but going to give it a try?
I have been using this for a few years now. Works great but you do have to reapply periodically. Works well on the steering wheel as well as it helps retain that matte finish.

I’m getting my Tesla with white seats in June. Any regrets not adding protectant to your white seats yet?
I've had mine since September. I am crazy about the condition of the car, hand wash only, two bucket method with snow foam first, turtle wax graphene hybrid after every wash and willing to wash as long as the temperature is 35 degree F or better. Never put anything on the seats other than cleaning with unscented baby wipes once a month, otherwise a microfiber towel with warm water...that's it.

Reactions: ExpatPR
I've had mine since September. I am crazy about the condition of the car, hand wash only, two bucket method with snow foam first, turtle wax graphene hybrid after every wash and willing to wash as long as the temperature is 35 degree F or better. Never put anything on the seats other than cleaning with unscented baby wipes once a month, otherwise a microfiber towel with warm water...that's it.
Thank you, that's great information.

If you don't want to go to the trouble of a interior ceramic coating but want some ceramic protection, a lot of ceramic sealants can be used on the white seats. For example, I have personally used The Last Coat 2.0 on my seats. I would just make sure the sealant you use is water based and contains no petroleum distillates. I would imagine a ceramic detail spray, such as Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray would also be a good choice. It cleans well AND leaves behind some ceramic protection. Plus it leaves your seats smelling like pina colada.

Lately, I have been using Chemical Guys Inner Clean and, if I come across a stubborn stain, I use diluted Simple Green.

I think the key to keeping your seats white and clean is to clean them at least once every 1-2 weeks and clean up any stains as quickly as possible before they set.

Reactions: jessepotter
I've been so back and forth with this. YouTubers are pushing products with affiliate links stating they are the best thing since sliced bread. Then you have other people in comment sections saying they never used anything and their white seats still look brand new. If you read reviews of the GYEON LeatherShield specifically, there are people who used it and still got stains. Others state they don't even know if it works, but used it just to be sure. It seems like more of a placebo affect than anything to me.

Are there any examples here where you used a ceramic coating and still received stains or did not use anything and your seats still look brand new?

Reactions: thewanted
I've been so back and forth with this. YouTubers are pushing products with affiliate links stating they are the best thing since sliced bread. Then you have other people in comment sections saying they never used anything and their white seats still look brand new. If you read reviews of the GYEON LeatherShield specifically, there are people who used it and still got stains. Others state they don't even know if it works, but used it just to be sure. It seems like more of a placebo affect than anything to me.

Are there any examples here where you used a ceramic coating and still received stains or did not use anything and your seats still look brand new?
I used Gyeon and my seats look brand new after almost 3 years, no stains. I do them every 12 months.

What I'm trying to figure out is if this is just a placebo. It's possible your seats would still look brand new after almost 3 years without the sealant. I have heard others say the same thing who have not used a coating of some sort.

My BMW X3MC has Adelaide Grey leather interior while not white is lighter colored and I use Gyeon leather shield every 12 months as above and mine look new. Is it possible they would look just as good if I wiped them down monthly with water or wipe? Absolutely but I haven't been wiping them down monthly and they still look like new and I'm not sure that would be the case without the coating. If you are one of those people that would clean your seats monthly you may not need this but it's good piece of mind as it's not that expensive and it's easy to apply.

What I'm trying to figure out is if this is just a placebo. It's possible your seats would still look brand new after almost 3 years without the sealant. I have heard others say the same thing who have not used a coating of some sort.
My M3LR is 3 months old. Yesterday had to use the baby wipes since I saw what looked like the start of a blue jean stain coming. Cleaned up like new. Will be applying the Gyeon soon and check back with you after some wear and tear. The wife and kids are merciless throwing backpacks in and leaving junk. Found a darn pink chocolate candy easter egg on the driver's seat yesterday. ugh.

3yrs, muddddddy dog in white interior, no stains. No magic treatment, no magic cleaners. Baby butt wipes only

Just curious what everyone is using for ceramic protection on their seats. Particularly the white. On my 2020 M3P i used Cquartz leather, but felt it didn't apply evenly and hardened the seat a little. I hear some using the gyeon leather shield but its out of stock everywhere.
We bought 2021 MY M3. Because of a YouTube video, I purchased the Gyeon Leather Shield and applied to both cars. After 4 months, a buddy of mine asked how the white seats were holding out. I drive the MY and because I wear blue jeans, I had a faint blue stain on the front seat. After trying all kind of cleaning trips from the internet, I used Simple Green diluted 1 to 10. Came right off.

I still had the Gyeon, so I went ahead and reapplied to my car. But, because of this experience, I am looking at trying another product. For the price on Amazon, it really didn't do anything.