Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seamless NoA on Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
o_O anyways, we can go on 4ever but all features that Tesla is coming up with is working towards at best LV 3 until next year which is not even that useful. They shouldn't even call it FSD if it's not at least LV 4 - I want to just get drunk and let my model 3 drive me home safely!

Agree that it will be pseudo-FSD (under L2 nag regime) probably for a considerable time, but still that will be very useful if smooth, safe and reliable as it develops/is validated into L3.

Well, there is no any evidence that Canada is postponed for new NoA because of the legislation.
It was the same story for initial NoA release. I believe this is a purely technical problem.

However, in my opinion, the Canadian release of Enhanced Summon is very questionable in the near future because of the legislation restrictions. The evidence here is the way how regular summon works in Canada - the driver is required to stay in close proximity of the car. I believe Tesla would love to release US version of regular Summon in Canada, but they can't.

Does anybody know what exact law is restricting usage of US version of regular Summon in Canada? There is a chance that the law is already changed...

Two Model 3s in Ontario just upgraded to 2019.8.5 on TeslaFi! Maybe Canadian roll out has slowly begun. Hopefully it includes NoA No Confirmation Lane Change

That’s the question. They may be rolling out 19.8.5 up here but without seamless NOA, just to address bugs and minor improvements. Hopefully we can’t get confirmation soon from some who got the update.

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC
Well, there is no any evidence that Canada is postponed for new NoA because of the legislation.
It was the same story for initial NoA release. I believe this is a purely technical problem.

However, in my opinion, the Canadian release of Enhanced Summon is very questionable in the near future because of the legislation restrictions. The evidence here is the way how regular summon works in Canada - the driver is required to stay in close proximity of the car. I believe Tesla would love to release US version of regular Summon in Canada, but they can't.

Does anybody know what exact law is restricting usage of US version of regular Summon in Canada? There is a chance that the law is already changed...

The summon issue is due to the Canadian immobilizer laws. All new Canadian vehicles over a certain price must come equiped with an immobilizer, which the key fob for the S/X acts as. This is why the fob needs to be within a few feet of the car for summon to work. For the model 3, I believe Tesla was able to get approval for the Bluetooth connection from a phone to act as the immobilizer fob.

Either way, the software immobilizer in the cars won't allow the car to start moving without the fob present.

Screenshot_20190406-153839_Twitter.jpg

I have nav on autopilot with no confirmation here in Canada (Ontario) and I have enhanced auto pilot without full self driving. I am not part of early access. Just received the update on Friday afternoon. Haven’t driven until tonight and my cameras are still calibrating. Hope to try it tomorrow.