Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Searching for suitable 18 inch wheels...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
I've decided what my 3 will be configured as. Base model, white paint, nothing else. $36K plus shipping and taxes. That means I get the ugly Aero wheels. I will not be extorted into getting Tesla's ridiculously priced 19 inch rims, nor do I want 19s in the first place, for their harsher ride.

So I am searching the aftermarket for suitable OEM wheel replacements. The important specs are:

18 X 8
5 X 120 bolt circle
+40 mm offset
64.1 mm center hole

Post here with whatever wheels look good on a 3. I am also going for minimal cost, so anything over $150 per wheel is too expensive.

When I get my 3, and have the new wheels, I'll pull the OEM tires and tpms sensors off the Aero wheels and put in the new wheels.

Will Tesla TPMS sensors be interchangeable? Will aftermarket wheels work with them?

I've decided what my 3 will be configured as. Base model, white paint, nothing else. $36K plus shipping and taxes. That means I get the ugly Aero wheels. I will not be extorted into getting Tesla's ridiculously priced 19 inch rims, nor do I want 19s in the first place, for their harsher ride.

So I am searching the aftermarket for suitable OEM wheel replacements. The important specs are:

18 X 8
5 X 120 bolt circle
+40 mm offset
64.1 mm center hole

Post here with whatever wheels look good on a 3. I am also going for minimal cost, so anything over $150 per wheel is too expensive.

When I get my 3, and have the new wheels, I'll pull the OEM tires and tpms sensors off the Aero wheels and put in the new wheels.

Will Tesla TPMS sensors be interchangeable? Will aftermarket wheels work with them?

I think tesla hurt their own profits by putting wimpy 18's wheels on the car forcing you to buy better ones or pay $1500 for the factory 19's. :D