Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seasucker ski rack-use and experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - New member just signed up to talk about how I shattered my glass roof on the X my car with the Sea Sucker but still recommend the product. I did this my first day driving my brand new Model X. Fail.

So I decided to put on the racks on the right side of my car, so I could still enter via the left side. I put them at a slight angle, so I didn't lose my roof but it was going great.

I made sure the sucker didn't go over the line - then opened my left falcon wing door after putting it on to "confirm it was fine." The door went well over the line, and shattered the entire left roof glass of my brand new car. I taped up the glass and still took it to the snow the next day.

TIL - Open the left door all the way THEN install the Sea Suckers on the car so you don't risk doing what I did.

56706082112__29FA5E0F-EFFA-4669-A341-BB879CD575DB.jpg
IMG_3855.jpg

Hi! I just tried my SeaSucker Monkey-Bars on my Model X for the first time. Worked great. I kept the doors closed though, so I could mount the bars for my Kayak and wouldn´t have to worry about them opening. When I removed them though, none of the FWD would open, because they detected an obstacle... (which was not there anymore of course). I had to open them manually with the button in the back; neither the FOB nor the Button on my display would work...

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank´s,

Marcus.