Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Back Dimensions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning a few things for when I get my Model X back from battery replacement. One of them, is how to keep the seat backs from being destroyed by my small humans, without an unsightly generic seat back protector like I have used in the past.

Does anyone have the dimensions of the plastic for the seat backs? I don't think they changed much, but my X is an early 2016 P90D.

My plan is to remove the plastic and give it some low-cost PPF, then reinstall. I've seen people do similar w/ XPel or having professionals wrap, but would prefer to go DIY for cost purposes. I also don't think I need top-of-the-line like XPel for an internal purpose, so looking to be frugal about it in that regard as well.

The seats can be wrapped in place; mine were. I don't know where the installer found it but you can buy film precut to fit. How much money are you really saving by avoiding the obvious solution?
That's a great question...

I've seen 3M pre-cut kits for $360ish. I figure my attempting to remove the backs and wrapping myself saves some from that cost, as I am less concerned about the backs of the second row at this time. Not sure what installation would cost to have professionally done, but I'd guess it's a couple hundred dollars.

I like projects, so there's also scratching that itch as well.

My plan is to do the chrome delete with the Nikola Pro kit as well.

Reactions: Harvey Danger