Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat belt bolt recall and how to check yourself

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing. I am lucky and live close to a SC so will take mine in next week. I am interested to see, though, that your seatbelt latches are the usual black/orange. I was pleasantly surprised that this is my first car without the orange bits. That color contrast always bugged me in fine interiors.

Watching that video, I would suggest that a better test would be using both hands to give a hard yank upwards on the seatbelt while holding it about a foot away from the outboard mounting point. I see no reason to have one hand holding the belt where it goes diagonally across the front of the seat back.

Problem is 80 lbs is nothing. the original one did say all he did was lean over. and this is better than nothing, but even if it hold a yank of 200 lbs in a crash at highway speeds, without doing any math you are talking several hundred or even thousands of pounds of force from your 180-200lb body

Problem is 80 lbs is nothing. the original one did say all he did was lean over. and this is better than nothing, but even if it hold a yank of 200 lbs in a crash at highway speeds, without doing any math you are talking several hundred or even thousands of pounds of force from your 180-200lb body

If it is installed correctly, no problem; that's what it was designed for. If it is not installed correctly, this will find it. There is no middle ground.

I think they're saying that 80 lbs is enough to tell if it's properly attached, not that there's an 80 lb load in an impact.