Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat belt buckles noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice that the seat belt buckles knock on the plastic of the seat backs/sides when driving over bumps with no one in that seat? Especially on the front passenger side. Wondering if I need to have the tensioners checked out...

Anyone else notice that the seat belt buckles knock on the plastic of the seat backs/sides when driving over bumps with no one in that seat? Especially on the front passenger side. Wondering if I need to have the tensioners checked out...
Mine even rattles when I'm driving, it seems as if the back of the buckle where it comes from the floor hits the side of the seat plastic. I have the same problem with my S so I put a felt pad on the backside of the buckle.

I had my Model X in service today. I asked about the seatbelt rattle. They told me to move the passenger seat so that the buckle doesn't hit.

The clip I'm using is a standard binder clip from Office Depot. I'll take a photo a bit later. I'm sure there's a more elegant solution. A clothes pin would also work. ☺

Mine even rattles when I'm driving, it seems as if the back of the buckle where it comes from the floor hits the side of the seat plastic. I have the same problem with my S so I put a felt pad on the backside of the buckle.
I had this problem in my Model S - noise from the bottom anchor of the driver-side belt rattling against the lower side plastic of the seat while driving. It's very dependent on the seat position, so no noise from passenger side. I too stuck a self-adhesive felt pad on the inside of the lower anchor point - a 2" diameter pad does the trick.

Since there's a big bump (rivet) on the backside of the belt anchor, I first cut/scored an "X" into the center of the pad so it would bend and adhere nicely over the center of the rivet. wish I had a black felt pad, but oh well it's out of sight and no more noise.
IMG_4976.JPG

I had this problem in my Model S - noise from the bottom anchor of the driver-side belt rattling against the lower side plastic of the seat while driving. It's very dependent on the seat position, so no noise from passenger side. I too stuck a self-adhesive felt pad on the inside of the lower anchor point - a 2" diameter pad does the trick.

Since there's a big bump (rivet) on the backside of the belt anchor, I first cut/scored an "X" into the center of the pad so it would bend and adhere nicely over the center of the rivet. wish I had a black felt pad, but oh well it's out of sight and no more noise.
View attachment 210491

Thanks for the image! I will definitely hold on to this while I drive over the bump tomorrow on my way to work! If this is it, then at least I know where the sound is coming from. :)

View attachment 210491

Sorry for resurrecting this old post... I have been dealing with a rattling noise in my S-P100D and it's been driving me nuts trying to figure where it's coming from. I tried holding the bottom part away from my seat as I drove to work today and the noise/rattle is definitely gone. I'll stop by and get a felt pad on the way home to solve the issue. Thank you much for the posting, and the image!

Reactions: shellderp
Sorry for resurrecting this old post... I have been dealing with a rattling noise in my S-P100D and it's been driving me nuts trying to figure where it's coming from. I tried holding the bottom part away from my seat as I drove to work today and the noise/rattle is definitely gone. I'll stop by and get a felt pad on the way home to solve the issue. Thank you much for the posting, and the image!
You're welcome. The rattling drove me nuts for a long time too, so I'm glad this worked for you.

Reactions: Bogobec