Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat belt extender keeps popping out...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
On my wife's MX, 6 seater, we purchased Clek Olli booster seats and used 3" seat belt extenders that everyone recommended to buy on amazon. However, these keep popping out while kids are buckled in, almost every other trip. I first thought that kids may be touching them, but last couple of times when the seat belt extender popped out, I am sure they did not touch anything. Granted I had to force them between booster seat and the buckle, this is very disturbing.
Did this ever happen to anyone?

This is the one I purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/SAFETY-CERTI...1477891584&sr=1-4&keywords=seat+belt+extender

I have the same ones in 3" and no issues at all. I ordered them directly at Seatbeltextender Pros website. There you can specify the make and model of your car. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Did you have issues with the normal seatbelts popping out?

I have 2 of these extenders in different lengths and both are staying put.

One thing to make sure is that they click into the buckle when you insert them. It's not so easy, given how close the booster is to the buckle receptacle. Try pulling on the belt buckle after installing and buckling your kids to make sure.

My apologies but I have to revive this thread. I bought a second set of similar 3” seat extenders as I ordered originally, different manufacturer. Same issue again. They keep popping out of the seat belt buckle. I noticed that this happens when the car goes over the road bumps, even the tiny ones. I am at loss. Multiple people commented on my original thread (thank you for that) stating that they have the same Clek Olli booster seats with these seat belt extenders and without any issues. I did check to make sure the extenders are seated properly and tried pulling on them with and without seat belt buckles - they would not come out. I did have to wedge them pretty hard as there is a very little space between the Clek booster seat and the buckle.

I did order the fabric extenders as recommended by “rallykeeper” and will try then but do not know if this will rectify the issue. The actual seat belts never popped out out of the buckle.
Any ideas or recommendations? I really do not know what to do as the Clek booster seats are awesome as they do no slide all over the place.
Thank you